• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] unusual pic...

A warp running ics?? Clocked at 1001 Mhz pulled 7168... umm....

Diz!!!!!!

Is some one testing something we're not allowed to play with yet?

Is this still alpha?? or do we have beta now??? I wouldn't mind playing with it if it's at least beta. Anyone?? Thanks!!!

Is this still alpha?? or do we have beta now??? I wouldn't mind playing with it if it's at least beta. Anyone?? Thanks!!!

Nope pre-alphaish Our Cyanogen Mod Developer is getting his warp this week so it won't be long.

Sorry but uhmmm... that pic proves absolutely nothing... there are no current kernels running 1001mhz... its possible to change the os version in a rom and it is also easy to change the device name on another phone... and of course its also easy to modify a pic... not saying that you did... but you get the point... me and a few others (not saying any names) have worked ourselves half way into the grave trying to port cm and aosp roms... I highly doubt that you have produced an ics rom capable of running and completing a benchmark test with such a high score

P.S. No hard feelings... just expressing my thoughts

Sorry but uhmmm... that pic proves absolutely nothing... there are no current kernels running 1001mhz... its possible to change the os version in a rom and it is also easy to change the device name on another phone... and of course its also easy to modify a pic... not saying that you did... but you get the point... me and a few others (not saying any names) have worked ourselves half way into the grave trying to port cm and aosp roms... I highly doubt that you have produced an ics rom capable of running and completing a benchmark test with such a high score

Working to the grave I do that every day at a Mexican restaurant for 12-15 hours lol.

Your right the pic proves nothing. As my title implies its an unusual pic. This pic has not been modified and to prove it you can easily go on to an Tutu and find it for yourself I am saying nothing that you seem to be implying. I found the pic, that's all I am not a dev. I've only made my own ROM once but never released as it was too cookie cutter for my taste and no where as advanced as the current Devs can produce.

Again in response, to all who are reading... I have not produced nor have I claimed to have produced and ICS ROM. I. Saw. This. On. An Tutu and screen shooted this.

In the future I hope to be a dev as I am learning java and python. I really don't know android systems that well. I am however an Mcse and cert. Ms tech. My personal skill is more in hardware. But I'd love to be able to do both hard and soft.

No hard feelings, I'm just clarifying.

I can atleast confirm that the pic isn't fake. I saw the results on my phone too

No hard feelings, I'm just clarifying.

Thanks for keeping things cool, guys :cool:

While some pics can be forged, this definitely makes me wonder since it was from within Antutu itself...

Whatever the case, getting scores like this on something that isn't even tweaked yet would be awesome. Judging the score of a stock Warp against the score of one running a custom ROM, I'd say with tweaking it could quite possibly get us midway into the 8xxx range. Not bad for a "dead" phone lol

"They" are watching. Maybe even laughing.

I think what and how are more appropriate questions. If its really a warp that is.

"They" are watching. Maybe even laughing.

I think what and how are more appropriate questions. If its really a warp that is.

I would say, NO, the math Doesnt add up at all. we usually get around 2000 for 3d graphics, that being the highest number, theres no way to get 7000, especially on 1001Mhz and... We have no Kernel that is 1001Mhz.. Goes from 921Mhz to 1024Mhz, i would know because i wrote some Code lol.
This is no warp. Probably A GS3 or something

Lets start at the basics,
A. Lets be respectful and not condem the op. You opinion is OK, but attacking each other is not!

B. This is an unreleased non alpha version, I would appreciate that it does not further circulate nor gets reported on, it really urks me when our work is being show off before its even near a pre-alpha stage, this is unpreductive.
I've said this before, and I will continue.
That build was by playfulgod and hroark13. Lets keep this under wraps until there is something viable for everyone, or you will just be left hoping for something that may never come.
See what I mean :)

I've chatted with some of the gang at AnTuTu, because as they've rolled updates out, with me changing nothing, my phone has been identified as a few different models, but never the correct one.

They rely on values in the build.prop file, match those up with what they know, and identify phones from there.

Between the various changes to that file by makers and custom roms, and their database made without benefit of all stock build.prop files, it's not a perfect system.

I've no doubt that they have such a record on file.

Just like they have one for my Evo 3D that's twice as fast as all of the other 3Ds, because - I didn't run it on my 3D.

When I posted this I really wasn't thinking about the implications. It was the "oh wow,that's cool " factor. Since I appear to have been the first to spot this. I will however be much more careful what I post and my wording. I will say though, if I hadn't posted this eventually some one else would have seen it. its in a very public place.

When I posted this I really wasn't thinking about the implications. It was the "oh wow,that's cool " factor. Since I appear to have been the first to spot this. I will however be much more careful what I post and my wording. I will say though, if I hadn't posted this eventually some one else would have seen it. its in a very public place.

We understand! I probably would've done the exact same thing if I'd found it. If I saw something like that my amazement factor definitely would've taken over lol

Back
Top Bottom