• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boost Moto E 2015 LTE Stock 5.0.2 and 5.1 Soak test ROMs

I've been running your deodexed rom now for a week and have had only one minor issue. My internet seems to lag. Not sure if that's a carrier issue or what? Other than that my phone works better than it ever has. Thanks SuperR!

I've got something strange going on. Chrome is creating multiple download folders on my internal SD. I don't think it's ROM related but its definitely odd. The "download" folder is no longer present, instead there's 3 "Download" folders with the exact same content but if I delete one folder they all disappear.
uploadfromtaptalk1438583243839.png

I was reading this and copy and pasted and arranged some code from all of you and i made a folder that should be easy to use inorder to restore moto e to its factory rom stock. it is for US version boostmobile only.
just open rar and run the .bat file should be easy enough for my fellow noobs lol.

I take no credit all credit goes to the other guys in this form.

https://drive.google.com/folderview...hYM2s4Wi1zVDR1dWRDU1lPVklLcXRkZEE&usp=sharing

everytime i try to download ^ it fails at 1.2gigs "network error"

I was woundering is there going to be any after market Roms like PAC man its on the warp 4g LTE runs sweet my wife has the moto 2015 e she likes the pacman ROM so this is just a question

I was woundering is there going to be any after market Roms like PAC man its on the warp 4g LTE runs sweet my wife has the moto 2015 e she likes the pacman ROM so this is just a question
There's several(on XDA) in the alpha/beta stage at this point. Mostly just trying to get the CDMA provisioning ironed out.

SuperR, how do I get init.d support on my stock rom like you have on this one?
I have a Moto G3 now and want to use your permissive script

Last edited:
Hey SuperR want to know if all of this will work for the
Virgin Mobile Moto E LTE 2g 2015 5.1? seems identical to the boost mobile no?

HW version P30
Model number Moto E 2nd gen w/ 4glte
Hardware sku XT1526
Andriod version 5.1
Baseband version M8916_2020610.17.03.21.26RSURNIA_SPRINT_CUST
Kernel version 3.10.49-g38a3dc5c hudsoncm@ilclbld52 #1 Fri Jun 19 23:31:27 CDT 2015
System version 23.11.19.surnia_boost.Boost.en.US sprint
Build number LP123.29-18-S.2

Theoretically? Everything but radio(data) should work.. Reality? Root & make a backup then upload & post the boot.img, recovery.img, & system.Ext4.tar.a file so it'll be more likely a 100% functional ROM upon flashing..

Theoretically? Everything but radio(data) should work.. Reality? Root & make a backup then upload & post the boot.img, recovery.img, & system.Ext4.tar.a file so it'll be more likely a 100% functional ROM upon flashing..

I'll give it a try in the very near future. Before attempting any of this- need that damn micro sandisk 64g. I should state plainly, I've little to no experience with rooting an android. last thing i rooted was an ipod like 10 years ago lol. I've been following along XDA's info and such. Just came across this specific thread and thought it would shines some light. Thanks for the response

Hey SuperR want to know if all of this will work for the
Virgin Mobile Moto E LTE 2g 2015 5.1? seems identical to the boost mobile no?

HW version P30
Model number Moto E 2nd gen w/ 4glte
Hardware sku XT1526
Andriod version 5.1
Baseband version M8916_2020610.17.03.21.26RSURNIA_SPRINT_CUST
Kernel version 3.10.49-g38a3dc5c hudsoncm@ilclbld52 #1 Fri Jun 19 23:31:27 CDT 2015
System version 23.11.19.surnia_boost.Boost.en.US sprint
Build number LP123.29-18-S.2
Have you unlocked your bootloader? If so, try fastboot booting TWRP and see how it goes. If it boots you can fastboot flash it to the recovery and flash the rom after making a backup.

Have you unlocked your bootloader? If so, try fastboot booting TWRP and see how it goes. If it boots you can fastboot flash it to the recovery and flash the rom after making a backup.

I'll be sure to respond soon as i get that 64gsandisk card- that's really all i'm waiting on atm. Tnx for the quick response though. Hopefully we'll also hear comments from other virgin mobile moto e lte 2g users too

When you have a deodexed ROM but you don't know how to theme it lol

Any guides? Thanks!
I'm still learning but maybe pm @edodson84 and he may be able to assist. He's pretty good at explaining things but he mostly runs Windows PC to achieve his goals & works out decently!

Back
Top Bottom