• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boost ota activation

I have had the 128 error code for about a month now. Before I did the root I was having this issue. Now it has gotten so bad that I can't receive any picture mails. I can send them but wont receive any, also my internet on 3g is so very slow compared to what it was when I first got the phone or compared to my wifes phones speeds. Boost tells me that it is due to an error in the way that the phone signs in to boost mobile themselves to receive the pics and data.....

So now my question. Boost mobile wants me to do a factory reset with a new forced ota activation. Do I have to un root it to do that then re root, or will the root not affect the outcome of a ota? If so does anyone have a link to un rooting? Or are their any other suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks in advance

I have had the 128 error code for about a month now. Before I did the root I was having this issue. Now it has gotten so bad that I can't receive any picture mails. I can send them but wont receive any, also my internet on 3g is so very slow compared to what it was when I first got the phone or compared to my wifes phones speeds. Boost tells me that it is due to an error in the way that the phone signs in to boost mobile themselves to receive the pics and data.....

So now my question. Boost mobile wants me to do a factory reset with a new forced ota activation. Do I have to un root it to do that then re root, or will the root not affect the outcome of a ota? If so does anyone have a link to un rooting? Or are their any other suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks in advance

This will get you unrooted, dont know anything about your error though.
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-recovery-ed13.html

This will get you unrooted, dont know anything about your error though.
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-recovery-ed13.html

I have done the forced OTA activation . You will need to do the Odin recovery that New Optimus posted . Once you have done that , if your phone will not activate , call Boost and they will walk you through it . Once you've done that , I recommend waiting on the OTA EE14 modem update , then rooting . After you have done the OTA , you might wanna try this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-prevail/380815-faster-3g-speed-configuration.html

a lot of us have had great results using it ! :D

I have done the forced OTA activation . You will need to do the Odin recovery that New Optimus posted . Once you have done that , if your phone will not activate , call Boost and they will walk you through it . Once you've done that , I recommend waiting on the OTA EE14 modem update , then rooting . After you have done the OTA , you might wanna try this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-prevail/380815-faster-3g-speed-configuration.html

a lot of us have had great results using it ! :D

Whagt is the ee14 modem update? fairly new to the prevail... thanks

Which one do I use? I want to go back stock so I use the stock? thanks

You use the ED13 stock recovery in the Odin download . READ EVERYTHING FIRST !! :D As for your other question on what the EE14 update is .... it is the new OTA modem update . Make sure you get it first before making any MODS to your phone .

So did this work for you dirtrider501? Cause I'm still getting this error too.

no it has not worked as of yet. i hardly get any pic mails still. i get error 128 atleast 20 times a day. boost can't figure it out. i had even had to take it to the store and they did another reset and wham still same thing right out of the gate. now they telling me that i have to contact samsung about the problem with the phone. boost tellin me that all is good on their end and my phone passwords and settings are correct. i dunno what to do now. that the only problem i have. i love the phone otherwise.... any suggestions??? thanks

Back
Top Bottom