• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Bricked] Stuck in Emergency Mode!

lopez33

Hi everyone. I was attempting to break a boot loop in my sister's LG Optimus V by using the OV KDZ tool. I was able to enter emergency mode by holding down the vol down button and the back button and then plugging it into the USB.

An error ocurred and the program closed and I unplugged the phone. The phone says LG then Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable. (And in big red letters) Emergency Mode.

I cannot exit out of this or enter CMW or even shut the phone down without taking the battery out ;( If I take out the battery it won't turn back on unless I plug it into the computer. Heeelp??

Go to the All Things Root Guide sticky.
Look at the Unbrick guide that uses the KDZ.
It mentioned that it should error out the first time.
Read it and follow directions.
If still not working let us know.

Yes I followed that guide. The error did pop up but then it would not find the phone and it would keep going and going, and that's when I stopped it and that's how it got stuck in the emergency mode i think.

Ok. Let me get my search on.

Edit: Try taking battery out and plugging into computer for a while. When you see the battery icon, put battery back in and let charge up.

Shouldn't take more than 15 Minutes to see change.

Ok. Let me get my search on.

Edit: Try taking battery out and plugging into computer for a while. When you see the battery icon, put battery back in and let charge up.

Shouldn't take more than 15 Minutes to see change.

What should i do after this step, still in the process of getting it to go to the battery required screen but i don't know what to do after?

Thanks a bunch

After you put the battery back in, let it charge up enough to be able to boot into your system (if you have one). Give it an hour on the computer, or see if you can sneak it on the wall charger for 20 minutes.

Do you have a ZV4 or ZV5 baseband V?
If you have a ZV4 baseband V then the ZV5.kdz sometimes doesn't work.
Another thing is your network connection. If you loose it for too long (mine is really slow and will drop to 0 bites for 30 seconds sometimes) it will error out.

If it won't boot into the system (hangs on the LG logo screen) then we will go from there.

Try and see if it will give you the fastboot screen (bright blue screen with text on it).
Pull battery and reinsert. Hold down the HOME + VOLUME DOWN keys, then while holding those down press the POWER key. Hold until you see the LG logo.

If you see the fastboot screen or you get the Emergency mode screen, let me know.

Hey, Andy i get the download mode but it doesn't say emergency mode just "Download in progress. Do Not disconnect cable." But then it booted into emergency mode and then proceeds to reboot in emergency mode.

That's good that you can get into the emergency mode, but don't spend to much time there (battery doesn't charge in emergency mode).

What about the fastboot screen. Did you get that as well.
If you have no recovery as I suspect, you should be able to get into the fastboot screen by trying to get into the recovery. Then we can wipe all the partitions with fastboot commands. Then we will use the right firmware for you baseband.

If ZV5 the the KDZ utility, if ZV4 then the KP500 utility.

I'll walk you through it all, don't worry.
AndyOpie150

Well, I do have a recovery, but it wont show on my screen because I flashed the wrong one apparently. and its incompatible for my screen I guess. So i cant see anything when i go to recovery.

Edit: The phone wont let me get into recovery, or fast boot, just "download mode," then "emergency mode."

Well, I do have a recovery, but it wont show on my screen because I flashed the wrong one apparently. and its incompatible for my screen I guess. So i cant see anything when i go to recovery.

What I did when this happened was wipe some partition called mtdxxxx. I'm sure there's a sticky in all things root.

Edit: The phone wont let me get into recovery, or fast boot, just "download mode," then "emergency mode."
Which recovery did you flash and what baseband is your phone.

Mine is a ZV4 baseband. All ZV4 V's had the Novatek screen and drivers.
If yours is a ZV5 you probably have the Hitachi screen and drivers.

If you downloaded a recovery not listed in the All Things Root Guide sticky, please give exact full name of recovery. Example: instead of just "The Xionia recovery" list "Xionia_cwma_v1.2518.4_recovery.img.

Early recovery's have been made almost impossible to find because they will not be seen by the Hitachi screen (recovery kernel issue).

If this is the case download Droid@Screen, making sure you have the LG USB drivers for the V, the android SDK, and the Java jdk, installed and set up properly.
Droid@Screen will allow you to see the recovery menu on your computer screen, if you in fact have a recovery installed (albeit, the wrong one for the phones screen version), as it doesn't depend on the screen drivers or screen on the phone.

If in fact you did install a recovery from the list mentioned above, then eduardog131's suggestion would be then next thing to try.
There is a guide for that linked to in the All Things Root Guide sticky.

Let me know how it goes. I'll check in every now and then to see. I really need to know the baseband version.
If you don't know, let me know when you bought the V and if it was used or new.

I believe that it was a baseband ZV4 because i tried the unbrick method for the ZV5 and it didnt work. But i bought it in like early 2012 and it was used, not sure how old it really is though, :( Ill get back to you on the recovery not sure which it is right now, will let you know soon!!

OK.
I have a KP500 utility with the VM670ZV4 included. Will need to upload to my Mediafire account first.
The KP500 is the best way to get a ZV4 V unbricked.

I included an updated readme.txt that sheds a little more light on what you should see, and what to do if something should go wrong.

Will have to wait till tomorrow to upload (need to walk to Library, my speed here is to slow to upload).

OK.
I have a KP500 utility with the VM670ZV4 included. Will need to upload to my Mediafire account first.
The KP500 is the best way to get a ZV4 V unbricked.

I included an updated readme.txt that sheds a little more light on what you should see, and what to do if something should go wrong.

Will have to wait till tomorrow to upload (need to walk to Library, my speed here is to slow to upload).

CRAP, the recovery is openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.0-p500, just realized its for the optimus one i believe, shoot!!

Got to eat then will head over to the Library to upload.

Note:
In the future, please (please) look in the "All Things Root Guide" sticky before doing anything to your phone.

Once you get it booted up you will have a stock ROM and recovery. I'll help you get the Best Gingerbread or Jellybean ROM on your phone with the best recovery FOR OUR V. Lol.

Once you get it booted up you will have a stock ROM and recovery. I'll help you get the Best Gingerbread or Jellybean ROM on your phone with the best recovery FOR OUR V. Lol.

Thank you Andie, but i can't seem to get the phone booted up, all it does is hang on to the lg logo when done, and it doesn't finish completely, it gets to 99% and I don't have a stock recovery either I have the same TWRP recovery i believe. Thanks for any and all help!!!

Edit: I also get the Battery required logo and thats when i get the failure. But the most recent time that i tried, just now, i didnt get the battery required screen just on the lg logo, will see if it boots or not.

Edit: Tried one last time for it wouldn't boot, got battery required screen and it failed when this happened, still no stock recovery or charging battery screen.

Don't give up on me now, we have just begun.

Go into the recovery and see if you can find the the reboot recovery option. Try it. If the screen flashes off then back into the recovery we are going to try to flash the Xionia recovery, but in it's zipped form Just like flashing a ROM only no wiping is needed.

Don't give up on me now, we have just begun.

Go into the recovery and see if you can find the the reboot recovery option. Try it. If the screen flashes off then back into the recovery we are going to try to flash the Xionia recovery, but in it's zipped form Just like flashing a ROM only no wiping is needed.

Ok, but i cant see anything on recovery because its the wrong one. So is the Droid@screen compatible with the optimus v, for i tried to use it and that didn't work at first. But definitely willing to do it again!!

Thanks for any and all help!!
:D:):smokingsomb::D:):smokingsomb:

Do you know how to set up Droid@Sceen properly?
I have plenty of experience if you need help.

Back
Top Bottom