• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bring your GB Performance Tweaks

MyTjSux

Android Enthusiast
After a few reboots and whatnot messing around with things scores have SIGNIFICANTLY improved, and as i sit here now i just scored an 1870, and my scores have been hovering in the high 1700's. I may see 2000+ scores when we get root and i can overclock this thing. And i am very impressed with that.
So while trolling and enjoying my new GB i came across the above. So if anyone would like to share their tweaks i would love to be able to join the people hitting the 1750's considering im hitting a 1550 right now....so carry on!

So while trolling and enjoying my new GB i came across the above. So if anyone would like to share their tweaks i would love to be able to join the people hitting the 1750's considering im hitting a 1550 right now....so carry on!

I didn't do any tweaks........I ran Quadrant benchmark three times and I got 1832, 1849, and 1852 respectively :D

I think if your cpu is a better overclocker it puts out better Quadrant numbers, even if not overclocked; that's just what I've experienced.

I've been able to hit 1.4 on Darkslide and 1.45 on Liberty comfortably.....luckily....what funny is that pedal to the floor numbers and it would be completely unecessary for me to run those settings....im just wondering what Metfanant was talking about

im just wondering what Metfanant was talking about

by "messing with things" i literally meant just installing all my apps, and messing around with the phone and its new features...i didn't change anything related to performance, just messing around with general use. The phone got better over the first few hours of use..

I would expect that it will take a day or two for the new install to settle in.

My question is, how is GB achieving these higher scores? Is it the jit compiler or something similar?

There isn't much we can do now without root access. And you can never really trust the quadrant scores. Enabling stagefright boosts the score through the roof. So maybe something with this build is causing something like that. I haven't ran a quadrant on my phone in a looong time. If its running smooth for me and I like it why should an app quantify that and not do a good job at it.

No "Tweeks" are going to make it run faster right now because the system is still unwritable. However you could minimize the processes you have running at once (get rid of all those annoying widgets).

Back
Top Bottom