• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

But how is the CALL QUALITY???

Steve42,

I've read the majority of the forums, that one included. Literally hours reading about this issue.

I am sending my phone back to LG today. It is just not acceptable.

I really think its either: a problem with the mic, or a hyperactive noise cancellation issue.

Also of note, my Aliant version doesn't have the "noise suppression" feature to turn on and off in call settings. This affects how people hear you. It should be Under call settings next to the call enhancement feature (which affects how you hear them). I called Aliant and their demo model doesn't have it either. I called LG they said ALL their phones have it and they will re-install my software for me because this is a defect. Not sure who is right here.

I am going to check with rogers and see what their features are and then discuss my findings with Aliant.

I think this is not an issue we should drop. LG needs to fix call quality. Everything about this phone is AWESOME except the most basic feature. This is a huge oversight.

Upvote 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoZaPY5lbbk

This is the video that led me down this trail of wondering if this could be part of my issue. LG G3 rep stated today on the phone that ALL their phones have this feature and not having it was considered a "defect." Her demo phone that she was using to guide me through also had this noise suppression feature present.

I suspect companies are removing this feature? Verizon, Aliant. But I don't know why?

Upvote 0
I do NOT have this feature. I was just on the phone with 3 different people and all three told me I was fading in and out even though I'm looking at 4 bars 4g.

There is something wrong with this phone.

Now I just have to figure out the best way to get it replaced.
BestBuy Verizon. It's 1.5 months old.
Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I do NOT have this feature. I was just on the phone with 3 different people and all three told me I was fading in and out even though I'm looking at 4 bars 4g.

There is something wrong with this phone.

Now I just have to figure out the best way to get it replaced.
BestBuy Verizon. It's 1.5 months old.
Any suggestions?

Start w/VZW & let them troubleshoot both your phone & the network in the area you're having issues.

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

If troubleshooting yields no results,return to where you bought the phone,BestBuy.

It's still under the mfgs 1yr warranty,so,they may hand you off to LG,but,YMMV & they could very well take care of you locally.

It's been a couple of years since I've dealt w/BestBuy & smartphones,but,I never had any problems w/the one in my neighborhood.

Again,YMMV,but,VZW is where I'd start,then BestBuy,if all indicators/troubleshooting point to a hardware issue.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I have a LG G3 and when using it (no Bluetooth or speakerphone) people say they can't hear me( A LOT)If I put it on speaker phone then they say
'oh that's better" I know that it uses a different mic for speakerphone. it's hit and miss I had the phone replaced and the new one does the same thing I called LG and they told me I would have to send it back and have it repaired (be without a phone for 10 or more days) I talked to Verizon and they tell me it's the first they herd of it However I have googled it and others have herd of it also. Anyone have the same problem?

Upvote 0
I'm having similar problems. Verizon told me to factory reset (surprise!) and don't install any applications. It seems to have made the problem almost go away. I still get an occasional person telling me I'm fading out and like you, re-positioning the phone seems to fix it. Something is definitely amok with these phones as I never had this problem with my Razr Maxx which I replaced with the G3. I'm going to hold off sending it to LG because I can't do without it for 2 weeks and it might come back worse. I suspect an update will fix this problem because it seems to be gaining traction via the net. The big problem is, most people are going to blame it on poor signal or cell reception and it might very well be that but something needs to be done. A top tier phone should not perform like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones