• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bypassing Tethering Restrictions (How To)

After you set up the new apn you can enable WiFi hotspot from status bar drop down menu and it will turn on. Also you can enable usb tether as long as your in airplane mode. A quick toggle works. At least it works for me on Metro.

Yeah i use the stock metro tether app airplane mode then start usb tether then uncheck airplane mode i use fiddler for my User agent switcher and i use my adapter to broadcast the usb tether. my alternative non root solution. If you want to add a 3rd alternative i can post the whole process

Last edited:
Masterchief you think if something is changed in the apns.XML file then we won't have to do all this for tether .... There's a line that is specifically for the tether.

Masterchief you think if something is changed in the apns.XML file then we won't have to do all this for tether .... There's a line that is specifically for the tether.

I was wondering this myself, but at the same time, isn't that the same as adding .dun to the Access Point?

Yeah i use the stock metro tether app airplane mode then start usb tether then uncheck airplane mode i use fiddler for my User agent switcher and i use my adapter to broadcast the usb tether. my alternative non root solution. If you want to add a 3rd alternative i can post the whole process

I love bubbles. He is my favorite, well Jim and Ricky. Have you seen Swearnet?

sorry please delete this post i moved it to its own thread because i kept having stuff to post regarding the method .. thanks

Last edited:
Yeah metro pc made tether free dude
I can't believe it. I never thought they would start doing this.
I just checked and yep, they give you unlimited hotspot now except they throttle you after you reach a certain point, which is 6Gb on the unlimited plan. So none of this stuff is really needed anymore unless you need to tether more than the allotted amount without being throttled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom