• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calling fellow old geezers!

When I was a kid? Charlie's Angels? Are you kidding me? They drove me craaaazy!
I'll bet! They were so cool, gay guys had crushes on them! :D

I saw an interview with the photographer who took the iconic poster pic of Farrah Fawcett. It was fascinating hearing him explain how the whole thing unfolded. For one thing, she was asked to wear a bikini, but chose a one-piece white bathing suit instead.

They went out to her backyard and took some photos, then decided to try some with a different suit. Out she came in THAT red bathing suit. Meanwhile, the photographer had gone to his car to find something to use as a backdrop. He grabbed THAT Mexican rug and hung it over something, Fawcett got down on it, struck poses in various positions, and ultimately they chose the pic that everyone knows from the poster. Who knew?! They couldn't have imagined it becoming the bestselling poster of all time!

I'll bet! They were so cool, gay guys had crushes on them! :D

I saw an interview with the photographer who took the iconic poster pic of Farrah Fawcett. It was fascinating hearing him explain how the whole thing unfolded. For one thing, she was asked to wear a bikini, but chose a one-piece white bathing suit instead.

They went out to her backyard and took some photos, then decided to try some with a different suit. Out she came in THAT red bathing suit. Meanwhile, the photographer had gone to his car to find something to use as a backdrop. He grabbed THAT Mexican rug and hung it over something, Fawcett got down on it, struck poses in various positions, and ultimately they chose the pic that everyone knows from the poster. Who knew?! They couldn't have imagined it becoming the bestselling poster of all time!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup!

RR0910_464_lg.jpeg

Well the TV commercial don't even hide the sexual content at all anymore, imagine how many commercials now that they would not have dared played back in those days.

I grew up in the 50-60 era and lived a fairly typical life. My father was the bread winner and my mother did a stellar job of doing EVERYTHING else. One time my father was reprimanding me for a wrong doing of some sort and said "you are not the boss around here son". "I'm not the boss either for that matter, but at least I'm sleeping with the boss so you had best listen to me" I thought it was funny but I didn't dare crack a smile. He had stated a fact that we were both aware of. None of the women in my area were employed but they were all the masters of the home. My mother was no different than the others. She was my best friend and my ruder. She kept me on course at all times. She was my Google and my Freud. By example she taught me how to succeed without an expense to my fellow man. How to be proud and humble in the same breath. Boldly strong yet full of love. Every virtue I consider a merit I gleaned from my mother. And she passed all of that wisdom on while she took care of the house and property, all of the cleaning and cooking, mending, shopping, gardening, etc. She handled all of the finances of the household in her spare time. The woman of the 50's-60's was no subservient, she was the master of her craft. I don't want to belittle my father. He was a honest hard working man.
He once told me that my job across the summer was to paint the house. I asked him how much it paid. He told me it paid the same as his job.... he got to come home and enjoy a great meal my mother prepared.

Guess I'm the oldest. So...

I enjoyed Santa Claus v the Martians at a Saturday Matinee.

I know this may hard to believe, but once hundreds of children would congregate in one theatre and enjoy a Double Feature shorts, and ads for more snacks every Saturday.

Parents were relieved for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom