• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I retrieve apps from SD card?

pc-wiz

Lurker
Dec 29, 2010
I had to factory reset my phone, and I stupidly thought the apps on my SD card would be safe. They probably are, but now I can't get to them. Anybody know of a way to create icons, some way to make the apps on an SD card reappear in the list? Some were paid for and had keys installed, etc. so I can't just download them again like the free ones. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help.

I had to factory reset my phone, and I stupidly thought the apps on my SD card would be safe. They probably are, but now I can't get to them. Anybody know of a way to create icons, some way to make the apps on an SD card reappear in the list? Some were paid for and had keys installed, etc. so I can't just download them again like the free ones. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help.
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!
no you can't pull your apps like that from the card. the apps2sd does not work that way. what it does is that it breaks the app apart and puts part of the app on your card and the other part is still on your phone. the only way to truly move the apps to the card is to get your phone rooted and then partition your card. after that then you can move the entire app to your card. it is also recommended that you have at least a class 6 or higher card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones