• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?

After reading all the comments here, I installed LP yesterday. I LOVE it, but it force closes a lot and keeps switching to random wallpapers (not using live wallpapers, just photos). I really want to keep it. I love the dock.

Any ideas why LP keeps crashing? I want to keep using it, but not if it continues to be unstable for me.

Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
I finally broke down and tried it today after hearing about it forever now. Took me a couple hours to get used to it. In fact I almost deleted it. Then it started to grow on me and already, I can't see going back. Way cleaner look especially when using the launcher pro standard icons in the dock.

Probably not possible, but the one thing I think would make this thing over the top great is if the dock icons would light up (and stay lit) for an incoming message/email like they do when you touch them to launch the app. That way when you wake your phone, you'd know right where to go to check for various received items. Just a wild thought.

Upvote 0
After reading all the comments here, I installed LP yesterday. I LOVE it, but it force closes a lot and keeps switching to random wallpapers (not using live wallpapers, just photos). I really want to keep it. I love the dock.

Any ideas why LP keeps crashing? I want to keep using it, but not if it continues to be unstable for me.

Thanks for any help.

Not sure what's up with it... I'm having the same issues with wallpapers too... I always use a plain black background and all of a sudden I have noticed it switch over to the HTC rainbow background... Getting a bunch of widget errors as well as forced closes...

Hope they iron it out soon... It's by far my favorite launcher..

Upvote 0
After reading all the comments here, I installed LP yesterday. I LOVE it, but it force closes a lot and keeps switching to random wallpapers (not usin

Not sure what's up with it... I'm having the same issues with wallpapers too... I always use a plain black background and all of a sudden I have noticed it switch over to the HTC rainbow background... Getting a bunch of widget errors as well as forced closes...

Hope they iron it out soon... It's by far my favorite launcher..

I'm also having these issues. I love LP but I can't deal with all the force close issues. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk!

Upvote 0
inclp2.png
inclp.png

It just got THIS much better : New update - grab it :)

Reactions: eric1589
Upvote 0

Thanks for any help.

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I just started up another thread for those who are having issues with LP. I really want to like it better than Sense, but I'v never had a FC with Sense and so far it's more reliable.

If anyone has any known apps/widgets that don't play nicely with LP, can you please post them up here so that people might get a more smooth running home replacement:

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...pro-force-closes-other-issues.html#post920688

Upvote 0
As for what apps might be conflicting with LP, all I can do is post my apps and say that I haven't had any troubles with my setup.

ttamnedlog's Apps on the phone
Phone: ADR6300
65 total, 65 free (100%), 0 paid (0%), 68MB total size, $0 total price

- LauncherPro Beta
- Pandora Radio
- Wapedia: 4 Wikipedia & more!
- Mazeoid
- Urbanspoon
- Key Ring Reward Cards
- ShopSavvy
- ShapeWriter Keyboard
- Apps Organizer
- c:geo ~ geocaching for Android
- Handcent SMS
- Grid Droid
- HistoryEraser
- SystemPanelLite Task Manager
- Gem Miner
- Engadget
- SMS Backup & Restore
- Traffic Jam Free
- Congress
- Air Control (Ad)
- Blow Up (LITE)
- Abduction!
- PdaNet free edition
- Facebook for Android
- EStrongs File Explorer
- PicSay - Photo Editor
- Hypnotoad To Go
- Phit Droid 3
- Bluetooth OnOff
- GPS OnOff
- WiFi OnOff
- Brightness Level
- United States Constitution
- Blocks Battle Online
- GPS Status
- Bump
- Gmail Unread Count
- Gensoid Lite(SEGA Genesis Emu)
- SNesoid Lite (SNES Emulator)
- GameBoid Lite (GBA Emulator)
- The Weather Channel
- Nesoid Lite (NES emulator)
- CardioTrainer
- Google Translate
- Google Voice
- Bubble
- Laser Reflections
- Bebbled
- Chess for Android
- Google Maps
- Cestos Full
- AppBrain App Market
- Ustream Broadcaster
- Robo Defense FREE
- Unit Converter - ConvertPad
- aiMinesweeper (minesweeper)
- Totemo Lite
- Guitar : Solo Lite
- Tuner - gStrings
- Movies
- Text-To-Speech Extended
- Compass
- Shazam
- Bonsai Blast
- Google Sky Map

View this app list on AppBrain: ttamnedlog's Apps on the phone

Upvote 0
Ok I got to say I was a skeptic about the LaunchPro for the Inc. I used the ADW for a little while and quickly went back to the Sense. I like the since alot, but there is something about this LaunchPro that is just amazing. I see some minor cons, but otherwise it is beautiful!!!! Thanks for posting about this cause otherwise i may not have heard about it.

Upvote 0
Installed this a few hours ago and I think I'm going to use launcher pro instead of sense now. I tried ADW a few days ago but went back to sense pretty quickly. I like launcher pro a lot more and think it's actually worth losing the HTC widgets.

+1 thought i would miss htc widgets but I was wrong. LP is beautifully simplistic fast at it all. The only app have had issues with and LP is a live paper and rotating to scape mode....sometimes I got a FC but rarely. It's really been solid for me ymmv. New app drawer is sweet!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones