• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot get into epst.

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND
A. Slot Cycle Index (SCI): This determines how often a handset polls the network for coverage and incoming packets. The default value is 2. A "Slot" is 1.28 seconds and doubles with each incremental change from 0 to 7 (0=1.28, 1=2.56, 2=5.12 seconds, etc). setting a handset to poll more often may use noticeably more battery if coverage is thin or lacking.
B. ACCOLC (Access Overload Class): This code determines your priority to make and receive calls on the network. Higher the number, lower the priority. Lower the number, higher the priority. Emergency Services reserves 0 + 1 (please do not use these) leaving your choices to 2-9.
C.Removing the Sprint Proxy

1. With MSL in hand, go to the Phone app and dial ##3282#
2. Click Edit Mode
3. Your "Password" is your Phone's MSL, enter it here.
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to RTSP/HTTP Setting
6. Change RTSP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You can leave this blank if you like
7. Change RTSP proxy Port to 0 (Zero)
8. HTTP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You could leave this blank if you like
9. HTTP proxy port to 0 (Zero)
10.Once complete, back out to the home screen and enjoy Downloads and a .20- .60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

It may not hurt to verify the settings are in place by following steps 1 through 5 again, if you're OCD. Removing this proxy removes at least one or more hops in between you and your connection destination, possibly increasing your WAN connection speed via 2G/3G/4G and Wi-Fi. As always, use at your own risk and take a screen shot of your original settings.

D. Improve CDMA Call Sound Quality via a Codec Change:

There are a few important things to note. This adjustment changes the Codec used to compress the voices of you and your caller across the Cell Network using EVRC-B which is an updated revision to the current CDMA standard EVRC. It has been noted in a few places, that making this change CAN effect your ability to make outbound calls in some roaming situations, including over Network extenders like the AirRave. As always, YMMV and I STRONGLY recommend that you both test this change in your normal use environments as well as keep a general idea of these instructions handy in the event you need to revert to the default settings in an emergency. As always, YOU and YOU ALONE are FULLY responsible for changes to any handset in which these and any modifications are made.

1. With MSL in hand, go to the Phone app and dial ##3282#
2. Click Edit Mode
3. Your "Password" is your Phone's MSL, enter it here.
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down the list and note the entries for EVRC-B, Home Orig, and Roam Orig.
6. Change EVRC-B to "Enable"
7. Change Home Orig and Roam Orig to "EVRC-B"
8. Hit Menu, and select "Commit Modifications"
9. Your phone will prompt you to click ok to restart or it will restart automatically.

To reverse the changes, repeat all of the above steps except change the following.
6. Change EVRC-B to "Disable"
7. Change Home Orig and Roam Orig to "EVRC"

Click to learn more about EVRC and EVRC-B
4. DSS:Not sure if these really need to be messed with unless you have flashed to another carrier...

5. LTE Record Various logs and scan rates for LTE safe to adjust...

6. PDN Setting I only found one document which seemed to pertain to this Here There are 3 sub menus internet, ota, and pam (phone as modem?). If anyone knows more about this fell free to chime in.

##72786# (SCTRN)

This menu contains 4 sections containing your MDN, MSID, M.IP Custom Profile1-NAI and AAA shared secret password. All of these are unique to your data profile and should never change. The ##code is used to reset these 4 items to re-provision your phone without wiping any data.

##786# (Hard Reset)

This menu contains a lot of the same info as the previous codes with a little extra. It is used for the quintessential "hard reset". This will completely wipe data/app, your internal sd, and NAM so your phone can be re-provisioned.

FAQ SECTION

Note: I do not fully understand how or why the NAM section of your phone becomes corrupt but is does. I have never had to call sprint to have them fix my data so i hope this helps.

Q. Help im stuck on 1x/2g.
Q. I just flashed your rom now i have no signal help!
Q. My data speeds really suck lately anyone else?

Note: All these fixes must be preformed on a stock or stock based rom with epst support and make sure you are in a known good signal area

A. These are all very common questions i have seen around here in the past years and are all very easy to fix... process below.

:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones