• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't add notification sound on MotoG7 phone

hmw3

Lurker
Mar 7, 2016
My MotoG7 phone runs Android 10. I want to add a longer notification sound than the choices provided. So I created a short .mp3 file, and downloaded it to my phone. When I click on 'Add Notification' my MP3 file pops right up. I select it. But nothing happens. I don't see any other step to take at this point.

I have tried the same procedure to try and add it to the ringtone. Just like for the notification sound, I get to the same point, but nothing happens.

I have spent hours searching on the internet, but have not been able to find anything that addresses this problem. I have tried some of the procedures mentioned for various versions of Android, but they don't work either.

Have I missed an obvious step somewhere, or is this a known problem?

Also, is there a way to change this purple background to white? It is hard for me to read what I write.

Harry

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones