• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't change default browser

skeelo

Stock browser is garbage, especially after the other day it for some reason decided to hog 20MB of internal memory which really screwed my phone for awhile. I have Dolphin, but it is seemingly impossible to make it the default browser. I've selected to use it as default but the settings don't stick.

Is there something I'm missing? How can I make it so I never have to touch the default browser ever again?

I suspect there may be multiple defaults that you have to set before it will stick. For example links that come from a google search is a different default than links that come from your email application.

You can use HomeSmack to set the desired browser as default. It's maintained by the same guy who created WidgeLocker, so you know it's a decent app. ;)

You can use HomeSmack to set the desired browser as default. It's maintained by the same guy who created WidgeLocker, so you know it's a decent app. ;)

Anything by him I support. One of the best devs I have ever dealt with for trouble shooting apps working on new phones

I noticed problems recently too, getting message about running out of memory. Had to keep clearing cache data for the Browser.

Back
Top Bottom