• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't get past HTC Incredible boot screen after Restore.

Anyone who's getting stuck on the white splash screen should do one of the two following options:

1.) Retry loading Rom with a new FULL wipe of data/cache/Dalvik cache. Obviously, you must access recovery through hboot while in that condition and wipe/flash directly in your custom recovery.

2.) Nandroid restore if #1 fails on multiple efforts.

Also, if you are stepping up to Roms that include Sense 3.0, you will need to update your bootloader to 0.92 if you happen to still be running 0.77 as it will NOT boot otherwise and you'll end up with the white screen no matter how many times you try wiping/flashing.

i am new to android, can you explain to me how to do nandroid restore, the phone no longer has its sd card so clockwork is gone, and any backup that may have been made is also gone. the phone will boot to H-boot, it will load factory rom but will go no further, after factory rom has loaded it is still s-off and will not go past the htc screen.

Upvote 0
i am new to android, can you explain to me how to do nandroid restore, the phone no longer has its sd card so clockwork is gone, and any backup that may have been made is also gone. the phone will boot to H-boot, it will load factory rom but will go no further, after factory rom has loaded it is still s-off and will not go past the htc screen.

Not sure i understand, you said it loads the factory ROM but doesn't get past the white screen. To me it has to get past the white screen in order to load factory. What happens when you choose the recovery option from hboot? Use volume rocker to scroll through options, then power button to select recovery. What do you see at that point?

Upvote 0
Not sure i understand, you said it loads the factory ROM but doesn't get past the white screen. To me it has to get past the white screen in order to load factory. What happens when you choose the recovery option from hboot? Use volume rocker to scroll through options, then power button to select recovery. What do you see at that point?

i put the factory rom on an sd card, and it loads it completely and says it finished do i want to reboot, i choose yes when it tries to reboot it gets stuck on the white screen, so i boot back to hboot and it still has s-off, if i try to boot recovery it boots to white screen and will never go any more than that.

Upvote 0
it was a file P3B1IMG i got it from one of these threads but i have not been able to track it down again, the guy that helped him ended up sending him a nand from his phone and he said it worked, ive tried over and over to find that thread but no luck. if i get a nand from a stock phone will that bring it back to life?

Upvote 0
i put the factory rom on an sd card, and it loads it completely and says it finished do i want to reboot, i choose yes when it tries to reboot it gets stuck on the white screen, so i boot back to hboot and it still has s-off, if i try to boot recovery it boots to white screen and will never go any more than that.

I have a similar problem. Have you tried to flash cm7 or miui? Cm7 and miui work fine but sense roms get stuck on splash screen

I was told I.might need to reformat something or another.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones