• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't hear visual voicemail

dbpaddler

Android Expert
After soft resets, BT on, BT off. Still can't hear it via speaker or earpiece. Anyone else seeing this. Next step is a hard reset which I don't feel like doing but might be my only option at this point.

Have you by any chance used your headphones on your phone? If so, the phone may be stuck in "headphone" mode and you'll have to plug your headphones back in and out to fix it.

I've heard of Palm Pre's doing this, so I suppose it could happen to the Moment, too.

make sure the "media volume" is all the way up. i had this happen to me...

edit: if you turn down the volume for something, it stays like that... you have to pump the volume back up to hear the visual voicemail (use the volume buttons on the side of the phone). hope that helps.

doh! who would've thought that voicemail would be tied to media volume and not call volume. Thanks. I set a sleep profile that turns the media volume down to zero. I usually forget about it come morning and don't put the normal profile back. Go figure.

Haven't plugged a headset into the phone so I figured that wasn't it, but a glitch like that doesn't surprise me.

I have the worst quality on my voicemail. It sounds jacked up even with the volume all the way up.

Sounds like everyone is mini and talking into a huge speaker!

I have the worst quality on my voicemail. It sounds jacked up even with the volume all the way up.

Sounds like everyone is mini and talking into a huge speaker!
This isnt really an issue with the phone, but rather the compression rate that Sprint is using for V. Voicemail. Im guessing to save bandwidth when they send it to your phone and/or make it small enough to get it there quickly.

This isnt really an issue with the phone, but rather the compression rate that Sprint is using for V. Voicemail. Im guessing to save bandwidth when they send it to your phone and/or make it small enough to get it there quickly.

I was just wondering today if anyone elses voicemail was sounding horrible. Can hardly hear my messages.

Does listening to visual voicemail use minutes?

i don't think so... i thought they were sound files downloaded to the phone...

i think i read somewhere that you could put your phone in airplane mode and still listen to the visual voicemails...

i don't think so... i thought they were sound files downloaded to the phone...

i think i read somewhere that you could put your phone in airplane mode and still listen to the visual voicemails...
That would be cool. Will have to test out. Thanks.

Visual voicemail doesn't sound great, but the convenience of being able to easily pause, replay, search and save trumps the sound quality every time!

Visual voicemail doesn't sound great, but the convenience of being able to easily pause, replay, search and save trumps the sound quality every time!

Agreed! Also nice to be able to forward by just clicking names in your contact list instead of pressing 8(or whatever it was) then typing the number that you don't remember because it's in your contact list and you never dial it.

I've also got friends that tend to leave pointless voicemails if I don't answer the phone and it is nice to be able to just delete those without having to listen to them.

yeah the sound quality on the visual voicemail blows, even with the media volume all the way up it is still pretty scratchy and super quiet, however if you set it to speaker on the sound quailty becomes great, just dont listen to your girlfriend's messages with the wife in the room, lol

now if only when i CALLED my voicemail, Sprint would give me back the option to leave a voicemail msg for another sprint user w/o having to call them

Back
Top Bottom