• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't update profile - get black screen

s_anella

Aug 3, 2010
Mass
When I soft rebooted a few weeks ago, I lost a bunch of settings (like wallpaper, default notification sound, skype). Also the HTC weather widget stopped updating on its own. I can manually update it but it stays at one location, not the one I am at. Used to work fine. Seems like "my location" doesn't update for it. I ahve tried to reboot, reload widget, reset my location settings - no change. My stock web browser also resets at some sites (this one especially). Never had this issue before.

Tried to update my profile and the screen just goes black. Stays that way until I hit the back button.

Thoughts...? Could really use some help.

I had the same problem an hour ago today, I just wanted to update my profile and prl just to stay on top of things and bam the black screen with the circle saying please what or whatever stayed up and never did anything on both prl and profile update until I pressed the back button, but a simple soft reboot helped me..so if you do a soft reboot and it doesn't work, then TAKE IT BACK lol

Upvote 0
I would recommend calling Sprint and having them do a update on your profile as well. I believe they can do one of these from their end while simultaneously asking you to do one on yours. Every now and then I will have issues trying to update prl and profile, but usually turning off the phone and pulling the battery before rebooting will solve the problem. Insure you are in good coverage at the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones