• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

case for the Galaxy

Hi All,
Just posted the video
sorry it's a bit dark at times but I think you can get the jist of it :)

Many thanks to Ryko for taking the time to demonstrate the Noreve to the Galaxy community this case is by far the best i've seen!

How are you feeling about purchasing the Noreve now that you've spent some time with it? any Cons?

I think my other half has taken the hint and ordered me one for my birthday so i'm hoping it's going to justify its rather steep price tag!

Hmm looks like a good alternative to a pouch for the moment. What is it like for the camera buttons etc? Let us know!

Jozz has it spot on, I previously recommended the clear rigid case.
But after breaking 2 Ive now given up as they arent financially viable if I break one every 2 weeks.

gel case is the way forward..... it also makes the phone looks less 'chunky' compared to a rigid case.
However ! they tend to just have indents for buttons in the gel, so you still need to take a small pair of scissors and cut out the bits for volume,lock and camera buttons imho

How are you feeling about purchasing the Noreve now that you've spent some time with it? any Cons?

Hi Ferox, Have been using the case for a few weeks now and the only niggle I have found is with the metal belt clip, on a few occations the case has spun round and unhooked it's self, so I have gone back to using the plastic clip supplied with the case which physically clips the case to the belt clip.
Sorry to read that you are having hang up problems with your phone,have tried to replicate on my phone but do'nt seem to have that particular bug.
Will keep the Forum informed with any other quacks with this case.

Thinking I might order a silicone case off eBay, like the one Jozz has ordered. Is anyone else using a silicone case? How do they fit on the Galaxy? Do they push on the camera button as with the original case?

I'm more interested in why the Galaxy in those photos has coloured Home and Power buttons.

I'm more interested in why the Galaxy in those photos has coloured Home and Power buttons.
i noticed that too. made me check mine

the home button is indented on that one aswell where as my plastic protrudes slightly from the chrome

Its probably just a mock/plastic unit they have on display. The screen has GT-i7500 on it too, and looks really washed out.

i noticed that too. made me check mine

the home button is indented on that one aswell where as my plastic protrudes slightly from the chrome

Its probably just a mock/plastic unit they have on display. The screen has GT-i7500 on it too, and looks really washed out.

I guess Kam is right. I think it's a dummy phone. It looks like a I7500 but it isn't an actual one. The size is the same. It's quite normal, at least in Europe, for shops to have dummies that can be used for size comparison.

Yes and the gel cases do not cover the light sensor by the speaker. The case doesn't cover any part of the screen in fact. As soon as I get home I will send you guys pictures if you want

I did not notice that. No the one I bought from ebay does not have the lip over the top like the one in the pictures.

hey guys,

I bought a silicone case from pdair n ve been using it for over a week. I think this silicone case is great. It is unlike many cheap cases that we find around that attracts lint when we place it in the pocket.
However, the only problem i face once in a while is, when i pull the mobile from my pocket in a hurry, i end up pulling the silicone case right off the phone. :p.
Apart from this minor prob, this silicone case is the perfect case for my galaxy . .

so is it true that using the case you get with the galaxy, drains the battery faster becoz some button is pressed?

no its not true
well, it depends on what firmware version you have.if you have anything above ik5 (1.5). that means it shouldn't drain the battery as since then the camera button has been fixed and don't register the presses of the pouch or anything when the phone is locked.
so whoever said that it's draining battery is not right as it depends on the statement above.
let us know what firmware you have and we'll tell you if camera button drains the battery or not.

I have used the following firmwares : dd3, ii5, ik4 and now the galaxohero.
It seems that the camera button press is being registered in the above firmwares with exception of the galaxohero, in which the camera button can be disabled.
so to be on the safer side, i cut a hole for the camera button in my silicone pouch so that i don't accidentally press the cammera button :p

have you tried new 1.6 donut based firmwares? they also have camera button fixed. if you do adb logcat and press camera button you'll see it does register but differently than before. and constant press doesn't get registered like it used to be on previous firmwares so even if it does drain the battery then very little if at all :)

Back
Top Bottom