• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Casio GzOne Commando 4G LTE C811 Support Needed.

JustinMW18

Lurker
Feb 22, 2014
I Have A Casio GzOne Commando 4G LTE Model C811 Phone.

I Did A Factory Reset On The Phone, Whill In Process The Phone Froze ( The Reason I Did Reset , It Kept Freezing ) . So After A Couple Hours I Decided It Was Not Gonna Unfreeze, So I Took The Back Off And Took Out The Battery. When I Tried To Turn My Phone Back On , It Comes Up " GzOne Now Loading, Then It Goes To The Verizon Logo. And It Quits There, It Wont Go No Further.

I Took The Phone To Verizon , They Said The Phone Has No " Software" In It , And Said It Was My Fault Due To Me Doing A Reset On The Phone And Refused To Give Me Another One Under Warranty ( They Thought I Tried To Root It ), But I Don't Even Know How To Do That.

When I Plug My Phone Into My Windows 8 Laptop Computer It Will Not Recognize My Phone Now , It Comes Up In My Device Manager As " Android " With No Drivers Installed For It, When I Click " Update Drivers " It Comes Up " Windows Could Not Find The Drivers For Your Device. I Mean It Does Not Recognize That Its Even A Cell Phone.

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get The Computer To Recognize My Phone ? And Some Software Or Drivers Or Anything, Just To Get My Phone To Boot Up Far Enough For Me To Do Another Reset On It ?

Speak to a supervisor. If that gets you nowhere, call corporate Verizon Mobile. Any ambiguity in a warranty is legally intepreted AGAINST the writer of the warranty (Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act). There's nothing in any paperwork issued with any cellphone telling you to not do a factory reset so, even though tech support will sometimes TELL YOU to do a factory reset (which makes a factory reset UNAMBIGUOUSLY not a violation of the warranty), the fact that the book doesn't say to not do it makes it ambiguous, and therefore can't void the warranty. You might ask for the direct snail mail address of their legal department, just so you can explain the violation of Magnussen-Moss (a federal act that a few different federal agencies might be interested in enforcing) that their employee committed in the name of the corporation.

Reactions: JustinMW18
Upvote 0
The Pathetic Thing Is I Did Go To A Corporate Store And I Did Speak To The Supervisor, He Was A Dick , I Did Not Say Very Nice Things To This Man As He Already Got Me Extremely Irritated. So I Grab My Phone Out Of His Hand And Left The Store , I Came Home, I Called Verizon Customer Service On The Phone, They Kept Puttin Me On Hold, Than On Hold Again, Everytime I Called Them I Got No-Where But " Songs " In My Ear From Being On Hold All Day, Finally A Month Later I Got Ahold Of Customer Service On The Phone , The Guy Was Real Nice, I Told Him My Situation And He Said He Would Warranty Me A New Phone But He Couldn't Cause I Did Not Pay My "Bill" For That Month, I Owed $120. I Told The Guy Politely On The Phone " Look Man I Havent Had A Phone Over A Month Cause Your Idiot Co-Workers Wouldn't Warranty Me A New One From The Beginning And Why Would I Sit At Home Paying A Verizon Bill That I Cant Even Use Due To No Phone? So He Told Me That I Had To Pay The $120 Right Away With Some Late Fee Payments And A Re-Activation Free " So I Told The Guy To Nevermind About Any Of It That I Will Never Use Verizon Again. The Only Problem Is , I Love THe Cammando 4G And I Wanna Get It WOrking Right Again So I Can Maybe Root It To Straight-Talk Or Another Carrier. Im Just Going Nuts. Verizon Has Screwed Me. I Wonder What Casio Would Say If I Called Them About The Warranty. Im Even Looking Online To Pay Someone/Companys To Fix And Root My Phone. Verizon Has Lost Me ( A 9 Year Customer ) For Good. They Are Ridiculous.

Upvote 0
RJGlenn, There Is No More To The Story , I Am Still Communication With Verizon Everyday, Now Almost ( 2 Months ) Later, They Have Agree'd To Replace My Phone ONLY If I Pay My Bill Which I Have Chosen Not To Pay Due To Them Not Respecting My Phone Warranty, They Now Want Me To Pay For 2 Months Service That I Was Not Able To Use, Re-Activation Fee, And Early Termination Fee For Suspending My Phone, I Told Them I Was Not Paying For The 2 Months That I Was Not Able To Use ( Hint: Cause They Wasn't Replacing My Phone) And I Was Not Paying For ( Early Termination Free, Cause I Never Wanted My Account Terminated) I Told Them I Would Pay The Re-Activation Free And My Current Month If They Replaced My Phone And Got Rid Of The Early Termination Fee ( They Said I Broke My 2 Year Contract) But They Denied That Deal.

Upvote 0
Space_Cat, Thanks For The Info, I Downloaded The File You Provided , The Verizon Software Update For Casio Comes Up On My Computer, And It Located My Cell Phone Through USB Right Away ( I Was Happy ).. Than It Download Repairs And I Clicked " Repair Device Now, Than It Pop Up Saying " Batter Level Is 25% Or Less And It Wouldn't Work, ( It Was Right My Battery Was Only On 20%, So I Plugged In My Phone To THe Wall Charger To Charge, Its Now On 100% And It Still Pops Up Saying " Battery Is 25% Or Less, Repair Canceled.

Oh So Close.

Anybody With Anytype Of Solution? I Am Willing To Try Anything Here.

So Far The TL-BOOTSTRAP Is The Only Thing That Has Been Able To Locate My Phone Via USB.

Upvote 0
Try rebooting your computer and reattaching the phone. Be sure the phone is fully charged. If the phone is plugged into USB it should charge the battery also.

It seems like you're close to a solution with the repair tool. Keep trying. I have read of people unbricking their phones using the repair tool, but I've never done it.

Thats all the info I have.

Reactions: JustinMW18
Upvote 0
<SNIP>...If I Pay My Bill Which I Have Chosen Not To Pay Due To Them Not Respecting My Phone Warranty...<SNIP>

This is not going to make you very happy...

You signed a contract. Did you read it before you signed it?

I would guess not. It is very much so in their favor. You signed an agreement to pay for service where is, as is. No promises of how well it works, or even if it works at all. No promises of if you screw your phone up or loose it or it breaks or whatever then you no longer have to pay. You also agreed that if you did not want the service any longer you would have to pay an early termination fee. This is because they discount the purchase price of the phone in exchange for you buying service from them for two years. Additionally you agreed to pay any late fees, reconnection fees, and collections fees for non-payment.

Don't come on here expecting any sympathy. Yes, you may have gotten minorly screwed but you did it to yourself.

Upvote 0
RJGLENN, Im Not Looking For Sympathy, And Yes I Know The Contract Regulations, And When I Reported My Phone "Not Functioning To Verizon" My Bill Was Caught Up To Date And Paid In Full!!. It Was Their Duty To Replace The Phone, My Bill Was Not Passed Due Untill They Denied My My Warranty Than I Did Not Pay The Bill.

At The Time Of My Phone Malfunction, They Verizon Bill Was Paid In Full, Monthly Service Paid, No Late Fees, No NOTHING!. I Chose Not To Pay The Bill A "Month" Later After Getting Screwed By Verizon Not Respecting The Warranty On The Phone. I Gave Them A Month To Make The Situation " Right" They Would Not . Since They Didn't Hold Up Their End Of The Warranty Deal I Decided Not To Hold Up My End Of The Contract Deal. In My Opinion Im The One Getting Screwed.

And Sympathy?? LMAO. Dude Im Not One Here Crying Or Moaning Or Looking To Disrespect Anybody, All I Was Doing Was Trying To Get Solutions To Fix My Phone Myself Since Verizon Didn't Hold Up THeir End Of My Warranty. So Sorry If You Feel As If Im Getting An Attitude With You, But I Didn't Nothing Wrong And Yes I Got Screwed By Verizon, And Technically No I Did Not Do It Myself Because When THe Phone Messed Up My Bill Was Paid In Full. So For You To Say I DId It Myself Is Just Ridiculous. I Have Been To Numerous Verizon Retailers(Non Corporate) And They Have Looked Up My Account And Even They Cant Believe That My Phone Was Not Replaced By The Corporate Verizon Store A Month Ago. SO My Fault? Don't Think So.

And Im Sorry, But Isnt This Forum Make To Help Fellow People? To Solve Issues With Their Phone? I Thought It Was Made For That, But Yea Every Forum Has That One Person That Forgets That And Gets Attitudes. Have A Nice Day.

Space_cat, Thank You Again For All The Info Buddy, I Really Do Appreciate It.

Upvote 0
If, as you say, a simple factory reset caused the issue then my advice is to escalate it to the top - find the name (and email address) of VZW's CEO and send a polite but firm email explaining the issue and how you'd like it resolved.

You may still have to make good on the outstanding bill though, but if you've been unable to use the contracted service and the line has seen no activity during the period of dispute, then they may look sympathetically at this too. This is a separate issue to any fault with the handset though, so there is no guarantee.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks For The Info Slug, I Have Good News, After Being On The Phone With Customer Service For 2 Hours, The Supervisor Has Agreed To Warranty The Phone And Wipe My Bill Clean As Long As I Sign A New 2 Year Contract ( My Contract Ends March 13th), I Happily Accepted His Offer Considering Verizon Has The Best Network. The Supervisor Apologized As He Looked Up My Information And Seeing The When The Phone Was Broke That My Bill Was Paid Up-To-Date, When I Told Him The First Supervisor Was Rude And Unhelpful He Told Me He Would Look Into It. It Took Forever But Finally Atleast ONE Supervisor With Verizon Understood What Was Going On, It Just Took Forever To Get A Reasonable Person To Talk To.

Ragnian, The Repair Tool Was Not Helpful To Me, It Would Find My Phone, But Everytime I Clicked " Repair" It Would Pop-Up " Battery Is Less Than 25% Cannot Do Repairs", I Put The Phone On Charge Over Night, The Battery Was At 100%, But When I Tried The "Repair" Tool Again It Still Pop Up " Battery Is Less Than 25%". I Would Suggest The "Repair Tool" Program For Minor Repairs And Upgrades. I Did Not Have Much Success Unbricking The Phone From The "Repair Tool".

Thanks Again Space_Cat And Slug.

Now Its Time To Just Sit Back And Wait For My New Phone To Be Delivered.

Reactions: Ragnian and Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones