• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Cannot Unlock Bootloader

kMEZO

Lurker
I am trying to root my Evo 3d sprint phone.

I have-
software version 2.95.651.5 71ord
HBoot 1.58
Android Version 4.0.3
HTC Sense 3.6

When I go into my bootloader this is the first 4 lines

SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1 1.58.0000
eMMC-boot
May 17 2012, 15:06:44

I get to where it type in fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin and nothing happens on my phone. I did place my unlockcode.bin into the same folder with fastboot. So THAT is NOT the problem.

I do have USB Debugging running. HTC Sync and HTCDriver3.0.0.007 is installed.

Ive tried running RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.89.651.2_Radio_1.09.00.0706__NV_NV_SPCS_1.43_release_271101_signed and I get an error after about 3 minutes. ERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR

ANY Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I may not be of much help but you may be getting the ruu error because the ruu is 2.89 while your device is 2.95

Tried removing htc sync but leaving on your driver's, disabling anything that could interfere like virus scanner, iTunes and the such?

To Run the ruu on the newest update try this:
Download this file http://db.tt/hiENKUvK

Put it on your sd card

Boot into recovery and flash like you would any rom

Then put the phone in fastboot usb mode and try the ruu again. It should run

If you cannot unlock still, try getting another unlock code.

kmezo,if all else fails, what i would try is use wraiths instrucitons in post 50 to get temp root. then use my directions in post 37 to lower the main version. then the 2.89 ruu should work,and hopefully that will let the unlock work for you.

here are some other tips you may look at first:
troubleshooting connectivity issues:
-try a reboot of the PC
-try different usb cables and ports
-dont use a usb hub
-dont use usb 3.0
-make sure nothing capable of comunicating with the phone is enabled and running. htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,and even itunes have all been known to cause issues.
-windows 8 has been known to have issues. try a windows 7 or older machine

failing the above,
-i use these drivers for fastboot and adb(donwload and run as admin): http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe (mirror)

failing that,try manually updating the drivers in the following manner:
-put the phone in fastboot mode(select fastboot from the hboot menu)
-open device manager on the PC
-plug in phone,watch for it to pop up in device manager.
-update drivers with device manager,pointing the wizard to the extracted
driver download folder from above

note that you can check the connectivity of the phone,and make sure drivers are working by in the following manner:
-open cmd window. change to directory containing adb/fastboot utilities

-adb with the phone in the booted OS,usb debug enabled,enter:
adb devices in a cmd window

-fastboot with phone in fastboot,enter:
fastboot devices in cmd window

in either case,a properly connected phone with working drivers installed should report back the phones serial number.

First off, it is SHE not HE. Haha

And with that out of the way :beer:, I will read up on all this - my crappy phone did not notify me I had any replies to this! and give your suggestions a try! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom