• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] I messed up flashing 4.2.2. and now I can't boot my phone.

Wyan8105

Lurker
Ok, here's the deal. I was running Android 4.0.3 and I wanted to run 4.2.2. so I installed ROM manager and tried flashing. It didn't work. I got stuck in a bootloop but just flashed my 4EXT recovery and that worked just fine. However, I tried flashing the 4.2.2. ROM again (which didn't work) but then the backup I had used earlier didn't work either, so now I can't boot my phone back to how it was. I can boot into 4EXT touch recovery just fine, I just don't know what to do now to get back to where I began.

Unlocked bootloader
Shooter XC ship S-ON RL
Hboot 1.58
eMMC-boot

Can anybody please help? I've tried other places but nobody wants to answer me apparently. I don't really want to flash back to stock, and I'm wondering if there's any way I can fix this. Thanks in advance.

edit: I think I've figured it out. I think there's a space in the filename of my backup, causing the MD5 sums to not match. How can I rename it? Can I do it in 4EXT recovery or do I have to do it through my computer?

edit 2: Ok, I fixed the name of my backup, and my backup was successfully restored. But my phone still won't boot. Any ideas why that might be?

Did you separately flash the boot.img within fastboot / adb after you flashed the 4.2 rom?

At the moment that's probably where your stuck since a lot of roms, need the kernel pushed via fastboot in order to boot up.

You could either pull the boot.img from the rom file or the backup file, whichever you choose to go with.

Use the command

fastboot boot boot.img

You can't flash JB 4.2.2 with HBoot 1.58 I believe, I believe you would have to downgrade your HBoot.

Edit: Ninja'ed by Hatred, LOL just saw his post.

Any 4.x rom requires an hboot lower than 1.58. To change hboot you need to gain S-off, there is simply no other way.

Any 4.x rom requires an hboot lower than 1.58. To change hboot you need to gain S-off, there is simply no other way.

OxopU9A.png

Back
Top Bottom