• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Stuck on HTC homescreen???

johnny124

I finally did the wire trick to S-Off and it worked great. I tried flashing a new ROM this morning and now it won't get past the HTC home screen??? I can get into recovery and try to restore but after the reboot stuck on HTC screen. HELP!! It stuck in a bootloop:confused::confused::confused:Thanks

After you achieved S-off did you flash a recovery?

If you have a recovery, did you wipe the phone properly prior to flashing the new Rom?

A good thing to check is the MD5 sum the developer posted with the Rom, and make sure your download matches. If they don't match you got a bad download.

Make sure you wipe the system, factory reset, and wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache before you flash the Rom. :)

Yeah, but it aborts the recovery on the flash. I'll try a different one and check back. Thanks

Without a recovery flashed properly it won't work. Be careful what you flash as well! Make sure its compatible with your setup.

I don't have a 3vo anymore, so I'm a little behind the curve. Let me get a hold of Don or Brian and get their input. :)

What recovery were you on originally ??

4EXT is my recovery but when I try to flash anything it aborts. When I try to restore, it loads it then gets stuck on the HTC screen.

My vote is going to be for incompatible rom with hboot. What hboot does your phone have? It's not a big deal, we'll likely just need to flash a compatible rom.

He did say he tried to restore his Nandroid and also got stuck on splash screen, I think he lost his recovery.

My vote is going to be for incompatible rom with hboot. What hboot does your phone have? It's not a big deal, we'll likely just need to flash a compatible rom.

He did say he tried to restore his Nandroid and also got stuck on splash screen, I think he lost his recovery.

Sorry. Things are really hectic here right now. I'm feeling very stressed and scatter brained. So is he not able to boot into recovery? Or did he restore the nandroid and it still bootlooped?

Give me a bit, I am at work and it is crazy here, maybe Brian will answer before me, if not I will be back.

Can you please walk me through how to re-flash my recovery from fastboot? Thank you

It sounds like you have recovery if you were able to boot into it and restore your backup. But here is 4ext:
http://db.tt/4gK8W0XM

Just put that in your sdk-tools folder (or wherever your adb and fastboot are. Open command prompt and change directories to your sdk-tools folder. If you followed the newbie's guide you would type cd c:\sdk-tools

Then type adb reboot bootloader

Then fastboot flash recovery 4ext_recovery.img

That should take care of the recovery for you. I'm wondering if you need to flash a boot.img which I can't remember exactly how off the top of my head since I've never had to do it.

If all else fails you can always run the Ruu. Now that you are s-off, getting root again can actually be done very easily without even needing command prompt.

I am now on 1.58 and I am trying to flash JBear 1.58 but it aborts the flash. I am going to try and run the RUU again and see if that helps.

Yep crazy here at work, I agree you are able to get into recover, but can't restore, maybe your Nandroid is bad, do you only have one backup, also you said you did the wire trick and are S-Off, what HBoot are you, I agree with Brian could be an incompatible HBoot, Worst case scenario as Brian mentioned you can run the RUU

Edit: Just saw you said you were HBoot 1.58, that is most likely your issue as mention incompatible HBoot. Try flashing a ICS Rom Hboot 1.58 then report back

I would just run the Ruu at this point. Then just flash recovery, and install a rom through recovery. You are s-off so no need to lock the bootloader for the ruu!

Back
Top Bottom