• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] VoIP not working on JB ROMs?

IPWNPACIFISTS

Excuse my title I'm not sure if that's what it actually is but what do u call the apps that allow you to make phone calls via WiFi. I have tried different phone/text apps from the play store (just to name a couple text plus,hey wire,pinger,viber )when making calls the call says calling but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me I know the calls go through because afterwards minutes are deducted,also the apps freeze. Now when I was on an ICS ROM everything was awesome. Is the problem jb ROMs or what? Also this 3vo isn't in service(only use it via wifi)its cdma. Any help/answers will be appreciated. I don't want to flash a ICS ROM if there is a fix. Sorry for the essay lol

Not sure about other apps, but I am able to use my Vonage Extension app for my JB Rom, and I did turn data off and made a call through WiFi only and no problem.

Excuse my title I'm not sure if that's what it actually is but what do u call the apps that allow you to make phone calls via WiFi. I have tried different phone/text apps from the play store (just to name a couple text plus,hey wire,pinger,viber )when making calls the call says calling but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me I know the calls go through because afterwards minutes are deducted,also the apps freeze. Now when I was on an ICS ROM everything was awesome. Is the problem jb ROMs or what? Also this 3vo isn't in service(only use it via wifi)its cdma. Any help/answers will be appreciated. I don't want to flash a ICS ROM if there is a fix. Sorry for the essay lol

Nope did not work, I had 10 free minutes on it, call went through according to the app, but it never rang here at the how and could not here it ring on the phone either, It also froze the phone for a bit then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it woke back up and was able to hit end.

Nope did not work, I had 10 free minutes on it, call went through according to the app, but it never rang here at the how and could not here it ring on the phone either, It also froze the phone for a bit then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it woke back up and was able to hit end.

OK cool so I'm not alone lol thanks any thoughts on why it does that?

And here is the funny part, I saw the call go through, yet it never rang here at the house, and somehow went to my googlevoice mail which is weird bc I have that turned off, LMAO

I am going to call my wife's cell now to see, it also voice connection status is online.

OK cool so I'm not alone lol thanks any thoughts on why it does that?

OK it works, I just realized I had incoming call turned off, I turned it on and called the wife's phone and the call went through, so it works fine, now you owe me 2 minutes, LOL :p

I tuned it back off and it goes offline which is what it should do, so it works fine.

I don't want to leave any traces of the old ROM or mods/tweaks behind so how do I do an entire full wipe without losing root s off and 4ext recovery may seem silly but I'm liable to screw something up lol just want to be cautious

Do a full wife, FR and then wipe Partitions except SD card, and your good to go

Here to be exact

Wipe/Format
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Format all partitions except SD Card

I don't want to leave any traces of the old ROM or mods/tweaks behind so how do I do an entire full wipe without losing root s off and 4ext recovery may seem silly but I'm liable to screw something up lol just want to be cautious

Back
Top Bottom