• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CLOSED][kernel][ICS & JB 4.2]'Triggerfied' kernel

CM or AOKP-based rom?

• CyanogenMod

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • AOKP

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FYI...

You will probably want to pull the fixes from my jb branch. The issues will almost surely affect both branches. I am not maintaining the ICS branch anymore, so I won't be doing that myself.

Also, my current kernel repo is github.com/thebigq/lge-kernel-iproj

No reason to leave the stock ICS rom behind. Keep it up man.

Upvote 0
ICS is old old news man. bring on key lime pie!

I support tdm leaving ICS behind, it's time to bury that dead system and move on...it's over man...just walk away...just walk away

There are still people who want the stability of ics. Therefore, the ics kernel. I will be merging the fixes from tdms source into mine. So no worries.

Reactions: cac2us
Upvote 0
ICS is old old news man. bring on key lime pie!

I support tdm leaving ICS behind, it's time to bury that dead system and move on...it's over man...just walk away...just walk away

Im one of those devs who dont care about android version, as long as it runs great =p. If i had Internet, id be building a jellybean aosp rom and emulating LGs software and make a homebrew update. Lockscreen and all but im working with what i have for now.

Btw, keep it up ortrigger

Upvote 0
Hey, is anybody using this kernel as their daily driver? If so, how is your battery life? My spec doesn't have service anymore so I can't really tell how it is. Some feedback would be nice so I can know if I need to tweak some stuff for better battery life.

Thank you for keeping the focus here on the stable OS and fine tuning the kernel.

I just wiped the two usual cache folders and flashed this and 15 min. of ani screen.

Hung boot.

I will restore the nandroid I made and do a filthy (wipe nothing) flash.
:)

Reactions: ortrigger
Upvote 0
No. Tbh, bluetooth will probably never work on stock based roms.

Also, if the bootloop happens again, can you get a logcat?

I restored the nandroid and did the filthy flash and it works.
thanks.

Too bad those filthy bastards over @ L (licking) G (groin), Can't seem to play fair.

VomitRizen sets the rules for corporate GREED...

Reactions: ortrigger
Upvote 0
Well probably get it working, just not any time soon

I'm trying to assemble a team to assist in the mission to liberate our beloved ICS kernel.

First I will purchase all the LG ICS devices that my credit cards can max out to, then I will dispute the charges claiming that without LG posting their version of the authentic ICS kernel source code, they are committing felony fraud and therefore should be held liable for such a treasonous crime.

Putting pressure on their pocket book might make a difference.

Maybe if we all do it in the same quarter, it would drop their stocks, and drop enough to wake them up.

I know you devs are doing the best you can with what little we can get from these corporate pigs.
If just 50 of us put this plan into action I think that together we will get them to give up the goods.

Of course we will need to look into the card agreement for each situation to assure ultimate success.

I say "Hit them where it hurts them".. And good luck.:)

Upvote 0
i use interactive and ondemand. But I miss lagfree from blitzkrieg.

Lagfree is on the todo list. I'll see if I can pull another release together by the end of the weekend with a few more changes and mods. No promises though. I can only use Internet from my university or friends at the moment.

EDIT: Just an update for everyone. Lagfree should hopefully be part of the next release. Also, if all goes well, you may be seeing some additional OC to the CPU. I'm still looking into GPU OC as well. The next release will also wipe cache and dalvik for you upon flashing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones