• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CLOSED][kernel][ICS & JB 4.2]'Triggerfied' kernel

CM or AOKP-based rom?

• CyanogenMod

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • AOKP

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
+1 on upto 5 unlock shortcuts on the lockscreen.

Also, I like the way CM 10.1 allows you to adjust the screen brightness levels under auto brightness mode, official AOKP 4.2 does not have that option. Allows me to save some battery.

This isn't a ROM thread, so we can ask for an ETA, right? ;) *kidding*

Everything ok, trigger? This thread has been quiet lately...

Sorry. I've been crazy busy with school and stuff lately. Haven't had much time to get stuff going on the ROM. I tried building once and had a bunch of errors and haven't had time to go back to it since then. Hopefully things will slow down in the next week or so and I can get it going.

It was 3-1 when I checked a little while ago. I'm syncing the AOKP repo as I'm typing this. Anything specific you guys would like to see in the rom? I'll be adding some build.prop tweaks, possibly baking in some favorite themes, etc. Suggestions are always welcome.

I have a few ideas in mind that I'm not skilled enough to tackle on my own. The lg optimus 4x lock screen would be amazing. There's guides on xda. And also I really miss the sense4 and webos style recent apps. And maybe you could bake in a sense theme and maybe the sense4 keyboard I have on 4shared(go Viet tieng sense my name there is the same as here)

Anybody else getting excessive Airplane Mode battery drain? I'm running the kernel with official AOKP. Losing about 15%-20% over night 6-8 hours. Typically in the past never more than about 3% w/ All GB roms, ICS V7, & CM Beta. Seems like idle drain is higher too. Only oc'd to 1.6 w/ conervative.

Anybody else getting excessive Airplane Mode battery drain? I'm running the kernel with official AOKP. Losing about 15%-20% over night 6-8 hours. Typically in the past never more than about 3% w/ All GB roms, ICS V7, & CM Beta. Seems like idle drain is higher too. Only oc'd to 1.6 w/ conervative.

You may have a rogue app that's causing a wake lock. I would grab something like better battery stats to see if it's wakelocking. Also, there seems to be a kernel bug where wifi won't let the phone go into deep sleep. Tdm made a temp fix but I haven't had time to merge it and honestly, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get around to it. I recently had to put Windows back on my laptop and don't have access to a machine to build with right now.

You may have a rogue app that's causing a wake lock. I would grab something like better battery stats to see if it's wakelocking. Also, there seems to be a kernel bug where wifi won't let the phone go into deep sleep. Tdm made a temp fix but I haven't had time to merge it and honestly, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get around to it. I recently had to put Windows back on my laptop and don't have access to a machine to build with right now.

ill try the app. Wifi is only on when in use, not sure if that makes a difference or not. I usually keep my data and wifi off. With AOKP and CM it will temporarly turn data on to download MMS.

edit: anybody know of any free apps that will do the same thing as Better Battery Stats?

Here is a before and after of airplane mode over night. The awake time only changes like 10 min. There wasn't anything standing out in either wake lock section either. The only thing I see is the "no or unknown signal"

ebejane9.jpg

hy9avy6a.jpg

Here is a before and after of airplane mode over night. The awake time only changes like 10 min. There wasn't anything standing out in either wake lock section either. The only thing I see is the "no or unknown signal"

It's possible that it could be caused by the GPU overclock but I don't see why that would be causing this much drain with airplane mode on. Try a day or two with the stock kernel and see if there's a difference.

It's possible that it could be caused by the GPU overclock but I don't see why that would be causing this much drain with airplane mode on. Try a day or two with the stock kernel and see if there's a difference.

I know GPU was overclocked on GB kernels and it didn't drain like that. Ill flash the stock kernel and see what it does.

Full wipe and upped to AOKP Build 6 with the packaged kernel, same results in air plane mode. 8 hours in, 15% battery drain, 6 min of awake time.

My kernel is based off the official CM kernel. It hasn't been updated to the latest code though so you can check but it may or may not work.

Should follow tdm's kernel thread if you aren't. I would venture to guess that yours has the same issue he found with his (same code as what's in the cm two for this device I would guess) where the packet filter is disabled since WiFi was not a module.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Should follow tdm's kernel thread if you aren't. I would venture to guess that yours has the same issue he found with his (same code as what's in the cm two for this device I would guess) where the packet filter is disabled since WiFi was not a module.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

I've been watching it. I imagine that he'll get the fix merged into cm code. In the next few days, I should be getting either a dual boot or virtual machine to build with set up and will be able to get my development going again.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on my development situation. Getting my laptop set up to dual boot is a no-go for now so I am getting a virtual machine set up to build with. My first order of business is to merge TDM's wifi deep-sleep fixes and I have one or two other things that I want to get added in also. Please be patient with me though as I do not have as much time as I used to to work on this.

New update:

Due to financial reasons, I am going to have to sell my Spectrum. :( Therefore, I am going to have to stop developing as well. :sad: I'm sorry I wasn't able to get that rom out for your guys. I was excited to start working on it but, alas, it wasn't meant to be. If anyone wants to take up the mantle and continue development of this kernel, they are more than welcome to. The source is updated up to the date of the last release. It's been a great time and I appreciate all your support in this project.

Sincerely,

ortrigger

Hello,
Just wondering if you or anyone has tried to use your kernel with any CM10.1-based ROMs? Running Avatar rom and I'm tempted to try it out but I don't want to brick my GFs phone. Is this approved for plain CM only? Thanks!

Hello,
Just wondering if you or anyone has tried to use your kernel with any CM10.1-based ROMs? Running Avatar rom and I'm tempted to try it out but I don't want to brick my GFs phone. Is this approved for plain CM only? Thanks!

This kernel will support any android 4.2.2 ROM. That means anything that is CM, AOKP, or derivatives. It is, however, very out of date. I had to give up developing it due to time restrictions and I thought I was going to have to sell my Spectrum. I ended up finding a new job though and am thinking of starting this back up in my spare time.

Given that this kernel is no longer supported, could a mod please close the thread? If I start a new kernel, I'll create a new thread for it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom