• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 6 Stable Available Now

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay, still can't get the LED notification to pulse :(
I really like the option to have it constantly change colors (even at the expense of some battery life). But, I'd rather it flash instead of being on all the time. Anyone with advice?

Just keep trying all the settings you'll get it! I actually had that issue - I set it to pulse maybe and to fast.

I actually haven't went back in the menu since I got it fixed.. scared to break it again! Lol.

Here's what I have:

Advanced Settings > Blend Notifications > Pulse in Order are the items that I have checked as well as on Fast speed.

Upvote 0
I usually immediately flash a new kernel, but the stock one seems to be pretty legit. I'm all about battery savings and I'm pretty impressed so far. 50% at 7PM and it's been off the charger since 7AM. Bluetooth on all day, music, calls, texts. Makes me wonder if vendor kernels are really doing all that much.

I tend to do the same, but I found the Chevy LV Kernel to help my battery more with CM

Upvote 0
Just loaded this up last night (wiped data and cache). I've been a BB guy in the past and more recently I tried the Smoked Glass Charity FRG22 roms.

I switched to CM because I had been getting really bad screen redraws on Launcher Pro. When I checked my memory, Touchdown Exchange was taking up 25MB. The only thing keeping me from using Froyo's built-in exchange synch was the fact that Froyo does not receive push email to subfolders (you have to manually check for new mail in subfolders). CM has been modded to check subfolders so I made the switch.

Anyway, I love all of the little extras (like the power strip, reboot options, modded email, etc...). Home screen redraws have been drastically reduced and things feel smooth so far.

I haven't had the wallpaper issue yet, but the Google Finance widget does not work. It FC's and shows "Loading Ticker..." all day.

Upvote 0
I am getting a wifi error..I'm not sure if it was like that before using slayhers kernel. But I tried the driver download slayher posted to try to fix it but I'm still getting an error. Also tried flashing another kernel over it and still no go.

Any ideas?

I have not heard of a wifi error specific to CM so I assume it is related to the kernel. What was the other kernel you tried besides the Slayher? I do know that jdlfg had some wifi issues as well but it should be resolved by now. My wifi has always worked with a 2.2 P3 kernel, even if I just previously flashed another kernel and it took out the wifi. I'd try that, if wifi is still not connecting then I assume it is not a kernel issue.

Upvote 0
I am getting a wifi error..I'm not sure if it was like that before using slayhers kernel. But I tried the driver download slayher posted to try to fix it but I'm still getting an error. Also tried flashing another kernel over it and still no go.

Any ideas?

I had some issues with a Slayer kernel and going into recovery and clearing cache fixed it for me.

Upvote 0
My phone has never been so smooth!

I had some bad luck w/ the RCs but this version kicks ass.

The only problem I've had is not being able to change wallpapers easily. Every time I change it I have to restart ADW...not that big of a deal though. And maybe battery life isn't as great as other ROMs but it definitely isn't bad

Upvote 0
No go on the wifi. Cleared cache as was suggested and tried various kernels I knew worked. I could've sworn it worked when I first flashed it..I wonder if the revolution theme broke it? It's the only other thing I've done.

Also, I am having an issue with the browser. It won't auto-fit any pages. Is anybody experiencing this? I really don't want to have to re-flash but I may have to give that a try. :mad:

Upvote 0
No go on the wifi. Cleared cache as was suggested and tried various kernels I knew worked. I could've sworn it worked when I first flashed it..I wonder if the revolution theme broke it? It's the only other thing I've done.

Also, I am having an issue with the browser. It won't auto-fit any pages. Is anybody experiencing this? I really don't want to have to re-flash but I may have to give that a try. :mad:

Did you double check in Cyanogen Settings that it's setup to fit to page upon pinch-zoom?

Upvote 0
I tried this last night, but found the audio streaming/decoding issue (Pandora) not fixed. I thought I read that this was fixed in in CM... anyone else?

It is fixed in CM. It's been fixed in CM since google came out with the patch in AOSP. Are you finding that stagefright is not disabled or the sound quality is still bad. The reason I ask is because it was straight out fixed without disabling anything. It is odd though because I saw someone else still having audio streaming issues with CM and I can clearly tell it's fixed for me, at least with Pandora.

Upvote 0
I didn't see this posted in this thread yet, but has anyone figured out if the ringer volume/vibrate/silent option has been "corrected"? I know this is something Google changed with 2.2, but I was hoping CM would be able to go back to the pre-2.2 volume settings.
When you go to add the Power Control widget, under "Choose Ring modes" there is an option for Sound+Vib/Vib/Silent. I selected this, but I still am stuck with Sound/Vibrate when using the volume rocker (or Sound/Silent when I disable sounds).
I know this was a big comlpaint for people when 2.2 was released, has anyone had luck getting this to work?

Upvote 0
It is fixed in CM. It's been fixed in CM since google came out with the patch in AOSP. Are you finding that stagefright is not disabled or the sound quality is still bad. The reason I ask is because it was straight out fixed without disabling anything. It is odd though because I saw someone else still having audio streaming issues with CM and I can clearly tell it's fixed for me, at least with Pandora.
Hmmm... thanks for the info. I restored my LithMod after I noticed that the sound quality was still bad. I didn't check the stagefright setting, but maybe I'll play with it a little more today.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones