• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cm dev team

I got error #6 when attempting to flash. Tried my current recovery then both twrp and the cwm recovery posted here. Getting the same error each time. This was three or four days ago though so if there's been any changes since then I can't say it doesn't flash for sure.

um....its actually more of "Is there any reason the last one is 80 MB larger than any of the previous Galaxy Ring builds" and the answer to that I do not know, I re-synced source and compiled this today.

I got status 7 script terminated with unknown error. It may be that the file was on my external SD card. I have to do some errands so I can't redownload and retry it till later since I need my phone operational at the moment.

I'm by no means a developer or anything but out of all the phones I've managed to brick over the past year I unbricked em all..eventually .

we all start somewhere. I feel as if i had the device i could do this MUCH faster. i will be getting it soon though. hopefully when orthuvas gets things straightened out on his end, we can meet up and tackle this in one day because we live close to each other.

Nice. Wait, I'm not technically using the ring, I have the prevail 2 through boost mobile. From what I've read they're the same phone. And there's not much happening over in the prevail 2 forum lol.

The galaxy ring and prevail 2 are the same. Hardware and software. Kernels/ROMs are swap-able. I hang around those forums too but don't post much :P

update, TWRP does work for sure. flashed it with odin and it functions well. aside from the pink screen that shifts left and right when scrolling through the options. The latest CM zip still doesn't flash saying "script aborted (no error message)E:Error in /data.media.cm-10.2-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-raybst.zip (status 7)" I formatted /data /system and /cache prior to flash. its the same thing that koumas recovery gave me when I tried flashing with that.

im in my senior year of high school and in class atm but i can throw together an odin package to flash that should work. the flash will just take longer. do you want to try that?

Back
Top Bottom