• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 on DX - Why/How

Thats

That guy is This
So, after all the time with my old beautiful DX, I left for greener, or cyan pastures with the Thunderbolt and CM7.1.

Now I come back to see my baby the DX has Cyanogenmod running. I must ask, WHAT THE HELL?! How did this happen, was the Bootloader cracked or something? How is this possible. Thanks

Love you all still :wub:

So, after all the time with my old beautiful DX, I left for greener, or cyan pastures with the Thunderbolt and CM7.1.

Now I come back to see my baby the DX has Cyanogenmod running. I must ask, WHAT THE HELL?! How did this happen, was the Bootloader cracked or something? How is this possible. Thanks

HERE ya go...lots of info in this post.

TRAITOR!!!!!

haha jp this is why you should always stop by and visit and post to see whats up :p

For real... glad us Die Hard DX'ers stuck with the DX... its now going into a new world with the second init... say hello to CM7 and Miui (eventually) plus a whole slew of other source based roms.

For real... glad us Die Hard DX'ers stuck with the DX... its now going into a new world with the second init... say hello to CM7 and Miui (eventually) plus a whole slew of other source based roms.

Makes me glad I didn't give in and get a Charge :D

won't the bionic be dual core? August 4th for the Bionic.

I hate to have to ask this, but what is so great about Cyanogenmod? I did follow the link posted at the top and watched the video, but really doesn't show/explain a lot. From what I have read, it seems that it is used on others phones with unlocked bootloaders, but why is it so great?

It is probably the most stable aosp rom with a lot of customization settings and a huge dev community. If you're phone has CM support then chances are that its going to get at least 1 or 2 OS updates past its end of life.

It is probably the most stable aosp rom with a lot of customization settings and a huge dev community. If you're phone has CM support then chances are that its going to get at least 1 or 2 OS updates past its end of life.

Ahhh, Ok! Thanks for the nfo!

Probably one of the simplest yet most informative piece of info I've seen on CM7 in a while. I should have put this exact answer to a post on another thread when asked what is so good about AOSP.

CM is amazing! Hands down the best rom I've ever used on any phone. I'm happy that you guys in the DX land have it, but I'm also happy I have it for my Tbolt!! <3

Back
Top Bottom