• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM7 vs Stock DroidX??????

mlsa

Oct 8, 2011
Good Morning Everybody

My wife has a DroidX and absolutely loves it. Last week I was playing around with new Boot Animations and I put the DroidX Red Eye on my phone. I was tickled not because of the Eye but because I was able to do it. I wasn't going to leave the eye, it's just thats one of the first ones I found. I'm not very techie so I was excited that by following everybody's instructions I could do something like that.

Well...my wife said, "Why did you do that? You don't have a Droid." She is very jealous of her DroidX and she didn't think my Triumph should share the same logo. Shezzzzz.

Since then I have changed over to CM7 by following everybody's great instructions and I changed my original Boot Animation to the new Cynagyn 7 boot animation. I'm so proud.

My question is: how does the CM7 compare to the stock DroidX. Also, isn't the CM7 considered Gingerbread?

My phone with CM7 is working perfectly and I appreciate everything you guys have done with it to make it a better phone.

Thanks

David

After running Miui, I can never see going back to stock or cm7.

I was running cm7, but had issues still with random reboots when listening to media player. And not receiving texts on time. Also, the developer for this rom is leaving VM for T-Mobile.

Give miui a try. I strongly recommend this. Its visually stunning, unbelievable smooth, amazing music player, and most important no random reboots. Issac is still working on it and i look forward to every update. Your wife will be very jealous, since not many phones can run this rom.

Upvote 0
Good Morning Everybody

My wife has a DroidX and absolutely loves it. Last week I was playing around with new Boot Animations and I put the DroidX Red Eye on my phone. I was tickled not because of the Eye but because I was able to do it. I wasn't going to leave the eye, it's just thats one of the first ones I found. I'm not very techie so I was excited that by following everybody's instructions I could do something like that.

Well...my wife said, "Why did you do that? You don't have a Droid." She is very jealous of her DroidX and she didn't think my Triumph should share the same logo. Shezzzzz.

Since then I have changed over to CM7 by following everybody's great instructions and I changed my original Boot Animation to the new Cynagyn 7 boot animation. I'm so proud.

My question is: how does the CM7 compare to the stock DroidX. Also, isn't the CM7 considered Gingerbread?

My phone with CM7 is working perfectly and I appreciate everything you guys have done with it to make it a better phone.

Thanks

David

I think they have fairly similar specs. Not the same, but if I remember correctly they are close.

I don't know what version of the Android OS the x runs, but CM7 on the Triumph is 2.3.7. Yes it is gingerbread, it has some added tweaks and such.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones