• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cm7!

How much of a performance/speed difference is this ROM compared to xtrSense/xtrROM?

It's about the same, with this caveat: xtrSENSE gets laggy for me after it has been used for a while, plus doing things like scrolling through a list in tweetdeck is not very responsive. I do not get this with this ROM or with the Froyo ROMs. Also, I get better battery life for sure than with the xtr ROMs - I assume that's a kernel issue, as they run different kernels.

Excellent, that worked great. Now one other question...

On my old ROM when I was at the dial pad and I could spell the persons name and the number would come up. Now it's just a basic dial pad. Anyway to get that feature back?

Excellent, that worked great. Now one other question...

On my old ROM when I was at the dial pad and I could spell the persons name and the number would come up. Now it's just a basic dial pad. Anyway to get that feature back?

Search the market for "Dialer One" which basically does the same thing. :)

Followed the directions for GSB1.2 installed and works flawless. It smokes the previous 2.2 rom I was testing. Speed wise it is on par, for me, with xtrROM5. It has become my new daily. I am getting the features of 2.2 with the speed of 2.1 and the UI tweaks of 2.3 all in 1. This should tide me over until a decent dual core android phone hits VZW.

Followed the directions for GSB1.2 installed and works flawless. It smokes the previous 2.2 rom I was testing. Speed wise it is on par, for me, with xtrROM5. It has become my new daily. I am getting the features of 2.2 with the speed of 2.1 and the UI tweaks of 2.3 all in 1. This should tide me over until a decent dual core android phone hits VZW.

I tried every froyo rom and kept coming back to xtrROM, which I've been on for a while now. Loaded GSB1.2 yesterday, and so far it has worked well. I haven't tested gps yet. If that doesn't work, I'll be going back to xtr. Otherwise, I'll stick with GSB.

GSB1.2 seems slightly slower than xtr so far, but not enough to make me go back yet. I do miss the style of the sense dialer from xtr but no the laginess.

I tried every froyo rom and kept coming back to xtrROM, which I've been on for a while now. Loaded GSB1.2 yesterday, and so far it has worked well. I haven't tested gps yet. If that doesn't work, I'll be going back to xtr. Otherwise, I'll stick with GSB.

GSB1.2 seems slightly slower than xtr so far, but not enough to make me go back yet. I do miss the style of the sense dialer from xtr but no the laginess.

You can get the dialer pretty close to HTC stock with the market app Dialer One. https://market.android.com/details?id=kz.mek.DialerOne (should be able to install right from that link.)

I agree with the speed. Some things do seem slow. For example, within gmail, turn on confirmation of delete or archives and then archive or delete a message - the prompt that comes up is pretty laggy, compared with Eclair and Froyo ROMs. Otherwise, though, I think the ROM runs just as fast as any Froyo ROM I've run.

I just installed a few hours ago. So far, GV is working fine (though I use it mostly just as a voice mail catcher.) However, it did notify me of a missed call. I haven't sent or received a text from it yet, though I rarely do that. My phone was already provisioned for GV as the voice mail provider, so I didn't have to dial that *72 number to set it up, but going into settings to set GV as my voice mail provider worked fine.

xtr cache2cache installed and seems to be working just fine.

I had those same "insufficient memory" errors on first sync/mass app install, but they all installed manually just fine. I did get a force close on Tweetdeck, but an uninstall/reinstall fixed that.

I love the Google/Cyanogen settings sync - all of my WiFi access points were ready to go. I wish all of the settings would sync, but the ones that do are good enough.

Ok, I'll give this a few days to see how it goes, and we'll see how stable/usable it is.

Does that cache2cache have to be flashed when you flash the ROM or can it be flashed at any time?

I mentioned this in the other thread, but the cache2cache script didn't work for me. I flashed it but failed to gain a single mb or storage. Its almost as if I didn't even flash it.

Anyone else having battery issues? I just checked spareparts and the phone won't sleep at all. Last time I had this issue it was because of the kernel. Can anyone suggest a different kernel?

This ROM is awesome. I have been running it for about 24 hours and am enjoying it. Like the theming and polish of it. Can't tell about battery life because it's been on charger for most of the time AND my battery is on borrowed time anyway. Nice way to end my last few weeks with the Eris before Thunderbolt Thursday.

my phone sleeps just fine. its hard to gauge if my battery life is any better than with celb froyo,but it certainly isnt any worse. :)

I'm annoyed because I love CM7 but GPS is broken for me and it seems to be a common issue. Guess I'm going back to Froyo until the next version is released by Tazz or workshed.

Edit
This isn't anyone's fault I'm just annoyed by the situation :). This rom is excellent and once a couple of bugs are ironed out its going to be great.

I just found my first issue: Dropbox downloads will not finish. I was trying to download a 94 MB file, and it stuck at 12 MB (the furthest it got - the previous attempt was 6 MB). Checking System Panel and the Dropbox process was no longer running.

I'm annoyed because I love CM7 but GPS is broken for me and it seems to be a common issue. Guess I'm going back to Froyo until the next version is released by Tazz or workshed.

Edit
This isn't anyone's fault I'm just annoyed by the situation :). This rom is excellent and once a couple of bugs are ironed out its going to be great.

My GPS is working fine. It's actually more precise than the GPS in Kaosfroyo. Seems to be more faster and more responsive too.

My GPS is working fine. It's actually more precise than the GPS in Kaosfroyo. Seems to be more faster and more responsive too.

How long does it hold a signal while you are using Navigation? I believe that the issue is not that it gets a signal - it's that the GPS stops receiving after a few minutes.

How long does it hold a signal while you are using Navigation? I believe that the issue is not that it gets a signal - it's that the GPS stops receiving after a few minutes.

I've had that issue on every CM ROM since ELB 2.8 which was a CM5 ROM. I believe it just has something to do with the coding conflicting with Eris' GPS.

I've had that issue on every CM ROM since ELB 2.8 which was a CM5 ROM. I believe it just has something to do with the coding conflicting with Eris' GPS.

mine has worked fine up till now on the cm6 based roms. ive navigated for 45 minutes without losing signal.

woodstorm,as doogald mentioned,the issue is holding the signal.it finds it and starts to navigate fine,and then anywhere from a few seconds to a couple minutes its gone. :(

mine has worked fine up till now on the cm6 based roms. ive navigated for 45 minutes without losing signal.

woodstorm,as doogald mentioned,the issue is holding the signal.it finds it and starts to navigate fine,and then anywhere from a few seconds to a couple minutes its gone. :(

That's odd. I used nav for 6 hours+ on 2.1 Stock, but ever since CM5 dropped, I've never held GPS lock for more than an hour. Then again, I never used it too very often either.

Back
Top Bottom