• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cm7

DaRayvn

Android Enthusiast
anyone who runs CM7, just curious what kernel you used with this rom....i just like knowing who has the best results with what rom/kernel combination....

I dont like cm7, flashed, unflashed. Just my honest opinion.

i've never flashed it....but i still like knowing what combinations people have success with on all the roms lol....Im stuck on MIUI...i think it may have ended my flashaholicism :( lol

i've never flashed it....but i still like knowing what combinations people have success with on all the roms lol....Im stuck on MIUI...i think it may have ended my flashaholicism :( lol

cm7/tiamat sbc combo best battery life ever with that combo. i was getting easily 18-35 hours with moderate to heavy usage! oh how i miss it.:(

I flashed CM7 only for HDMI mirroring reasons...my daily is MIK Evolved. I use Tiamat v4.0.6 SBC with all aosp roms. Good battery life ... you dont get thats automatic 10% drop after unplugging. SBC kernels will decrease your battery life over times ... but with how cheap you can get batteries ... who cares ... will be a while.

I was thinking about flashing the most recent stable version of cm7 (7.0.3.1) instead of the nightlys, just to see what its like....its one of the few left that i havent flashed even though i know i'll be back on MIUI....but, does anyone have a link on how to install the android market?? and also vvm or could i just flash the gapps.zip??

I was thinking about flashing the most recent stable version of cm7 (7.0.3.1) instead of the nightlys, just to see what its like....its one of the few left that i havent flashed even though i know i'll be back on MIUI....but, does anyone have a link on how to install the android market?? and also vvm or could i just flash the gapps.zip??

Make a nandroid backup, do a full wipe(except the sdcard), flash the CM7 zip, reboot....let it finish loading then reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik-cache and cache, flash the gapps zip, reboot. There is a thread for fixing the vvm if you are having issues with it. I don't have the link handy for that though.

gapps 8-22-2011 with Voicemail.apk

Back
Top Bottom