• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cognition 3.01 finally an official Froyo build.

tylerdurdin

Android Enthusiast
DG is the man. I can not believe how nice this Rom runs. EVERYTHING perfect. My Gps locked inside my house with no wifi assistance in like 4 seconds. I do believe the Rom is smooth due to the lag fix because it is very similar in speed to 238. To be honest I think I may have flashed my last Rom (no not really), If Samsung could have put this out in a descent amount of time I would have been a Samsung fan for life, but DG is going to a new phone and i will be too. As for now we finally have a sweet new phone because that's what it is after this Rom. Awesome job DG.

If I'm running previous version of cog do I have to go back to stock before flashing this?

Can someone please post the link on where I can find this with step by step instructions on how to put it on my phone. I'm tired of waiting on samsung!

DeepBlue thanks......you've been more help then samsung has since july 31, 2010 (the day I bought my captivate).

I used the video how-to's and installed it that way, watching the videos for every single step. The videos are quite good, very detailed.

The hardest part is all the backing up you do, and then the restoring. Make sure you do your homework on this part.

I never flashed anything before. I'm pretty satisfied with this rom so far, and am enjoying all the 2.2 stuff we didn't have before! Not only that, the music search function in the Samsung music player finally works and doesn't crash like on 2.1.

I used the video how-to's and installed it that way, watching the videos for every single step. The videos are quite good, very detailed.

The hardest part is all the backing up you do, and then the restoring. Make sure you do your homework on this part.

I never flashed anything before. I'm pretty satisfied with this rom so far, and am enjoying all the 2.2 stuff we didn't have before! Not only that, the music search function in the Samsung music player finally works and doesn't crash like on 2.1.

I'll try it when I get home.

i need a link to the download,i checked his site,didnt see it listed

I'm guessing since the videos have ATT they do, but now my phone says no service? Also, the restore function isn't working. No big deal since I backed up everything on Appbrain before hand.

Hmm, not sure, looks like now it's restoring. The only thing I saw was the backgrounds and lock screens were different on his, but all seems to be fine here. Very nice videos.

There seems to be a strange bug when the 'dial tones' enabled. Maybe others who have installed Cog 3 + can check this for me.

Go to Settings... then Sound, scroll to Feedback, Check Audible Touch Tones.

Then go into the dialer and dial some stuff. I get an angry crash sound instead of dial tones. Hopefully they will fix this. I noted it on the xda thread.

DG should fix it with the next build. I laughed when I tested it out at first.

This thing is super smooth though. Loving every aspect of it. I do wish he'd incorperate the lock switcher I've seen in other ROMs though...

How's everyone's GPS?
I got a lock in 6 seconds indoors.

Some people have flashed from 2.(build) with success, but it's safest to ODIN back to stock, and then flash straight to 3.02.

Don't even concern yourself with the 3.01 to 3.02 update zip unless that is exactly what you are doing.

I flashed back to stock and my phone will not find my sim card, I have removed it over and over and it still wont find it. Please help

Back