• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cognition 3.01 finally an official Froyo build.

yeah im in love again,lol,,,,,mind sharing any tricks ,mods?:D

I wouldnt know where to start but from the beggining is a good place,
I changed the boot animation which is CAKE to the "haters gonna hate" , which I am gonna change soon since its been on my phone forever, but i still love it.
Got the Darksoul theme layed over it, gingerbread system apks like the calculator and crap, all this stuff is in the XDA forum
Captivate Themes and Apps - xda-developers
on top of that i run ADW, I dont care what anyone says it is the easiest to customize and looks the nicest IMO, it has come a long way, you can hide both the notification bar and the dock which is sweet, all my Icons are text which I made using GIMP. Mclock (text clock) blends nicely enough which is cool. If you download an icon pack from xda you can just longpress an icon on adw and replace it with whatever you want and a good amount of free themes. Every day is an experiment, let me know if your looking for something, I would be glad to help.:D

I just installed my first ROM and it is Cog 3.04. Everything went as in the video. Thanks so much.

Everything looks so polished and nice. Seems faster.

I do have one question, when I reboot, I get a message shortly after that bluetooth module crashed.

The application OPP (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly.

Any clues of what could it be?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the developer of Cognition hasn't bothered to fix bluetooth for some reason. That's why I've never loaded Cognition. If you use it, you're better off with a ROM that supports it.

Unfortunately the developer of Cognition hasn't bothered to fix bluetooth for some reason. That's why I've never loaded Cognition. If you use it, you're better off with a ROM that supports it.

Oh how did I miss that? OK. I have to flash something else anyways, I can make but not receive calls. :-( And I use bluetooth all the time.

I hope other ROMs are as nice as this one.

Thanks.

Oh how did I miss that? OK. I have to flash something else anyways, I can make but not receive calls. :-( And I use bluetooth all the time.

I hope other ROMs are as nice as this one.

Thanks.
Come on over to Serendipity, you won't be disappointed.

I just installed my first ROM and it is Cog 3.04. Everything went as in the video. Thanks so much.

Everything looks so polished and nice. Seems faster.

I do have one question, when I reboot, I get a message shortly after that bluetooth module crashed.

The application OPP (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly.

Any clues of what could it be?

Thanks.

I can only add that I am on 3.04 and my bluetooth works fine. From what I understand only the voice dial feature does not work (which I don't really care about). It sounds to me like something went wrong with your flash process or maybe in restoring your setting from backup?

I can only add that I am on 3.04 and my bluetooth works fine. From what I understand only the voice dial feature does not work (which I don't really care about). It sounds to me like something went wrong with your flash process or maybe in restoring your setting from backup?

That is what I initially thought, that only the BT dialing was missing.

I think that is what happened. I restored all MISSING apps + user settings.

I am going to redo it tonight and use App Brain to reinstall apps one at a time.

Thanks.

Installed 3.04 last night from 2.3.6b, which I've been using for a while and was happy with.
3.04 is definitely faster and I haven't noticed any problems so far.

I wouldnt know where to start but from the beggining is a good place,
I changed the boot animation which is CAKE to the "haters gonna hate" , which I am gonna change soon since its been on my phone forever, but i still love it.
Got the Darksoul theme layed over it, gingerbread system apks like the calculator and crap, all this stuff is in the XDA forum
Captivate Themes and Apps - xda-developers
on top of that i run ADW, I dont care what anyone says it is the easiest to customize and looks the nicest IMO, it has come a long way, you can hide both the notification bar and the dock which is sweet, all my Icons are text which I made using GIMP. Mclock (text clock) blends nicely enough which is cool. If you download an icon pack from xda you can just longpress an icon on adw and replace it with whatever you want and a good amount of free themes. Every day is an experiment, let me know if your looking for something, I would be glad to help.:D
awesome! thanks a lot,i will check this out! im new to all the customization,att. and samsang forced me into it,lol,:)....i just wonder if we will get the galaxy2 besides the infuse,no matter really,the captivate is reborn in my eyes!:D

awesome! thanks a lot,i will check this out! im new to all the customization,att. and samsang forced me into it,lol,:)....i just wonder if we will get the galaxy2 besides the infuse,no matter really,the captivate is reborn in my eyes!:D

Yea Im good with the Captivate too. With Cog 3.0+ Im pretty set. I may play around with other ROM's as well. Im under a government contract even though its my personal phone so I get an upgrade every year. I figure I can always get the next greatest thing then if I want.

Well.... I'm really getting tired of waiting for 2.2.... am really considering flashing..... but my major concerns are Voice Dial over BT, Flash, upgraded Gmail App, little better speed, support Market and all AT&T offers. Not sure that I can get that til the AT&T update.

--Jason

Yea Im good with the Captivate too. With Cog 3.0+ Im pretty set. I may play around with other ROM's as well. Im under a government contract even though its my personal phone so I get an upgrade every year. I figure I can always get the next greatest thing then if I want.
seems like att is set on the infuse,lovin the orian dualcore, superamoled plus!!??lol,,,,,,,,,1080p video recording,,,yeah i use my phone for most every thing but talking, lol
IM NOT KIDDING JUST FIX THE GPS/\/?,,,,WILL WE GET THE GALAXY2 OR IS ATT STUCK WITH INFUSE

can somebody whos running the cog 3.0 attempt the gps tweak using the dialer. its not working for me and my gps never ever connects. I cant even get to the menu to change my settings, after i hit the last * it blanks out and doesnt show the menu.

Not sure what sequence you were using but try *#*#3214789650#*#*. They disabled the old sequence a while ago. I just used this to access the GPS settings in Cog 3.04.

I flashed my phone yesterday the first time. The biggest bonus for me was to get rid of lagginess. So far everything look great except two things:

1- How do I get old fonts back? Ihave tried many but so far I am only disappointed with them. Stock fonts were great. I wish the developer would stick to them

2-GPS. Without trying the GPS first, I decided to tweak it : GPS Settings: Performance Options (improvement) - xda-developers

Now I get no signal at all. Probably I should have tried before I tweaked it considering everybody is OK with the new GPS performance

Also, shame on ATT and Samsung.

EDIT: After some trial-error, I did this and gps seems to be working (actually accuracy is not very good but it looks it locks fast:

I dialed *#*#3214789650#*#*
Then deleted gps data
Then picked the following menus:
Application settings/Operation Mode/MS Based
SUPL/CP Settings/SErver FQDN Type/Auto Config

I will report if this goes bad as well.

I'm running Cognition 3.02 (it has been stable so I haven't felt the need to move up). My problem is that yesterday swype stopped working saying that my trial perios was up. What's up with that? Has anyone else has this issue on Cognition? How do I fix it short of re-flashing?

Thanks in advance.

Am I the only one who can not find the link to any of the cognition. Every one that I try it sa error 404 and does not show the download link.

Back