• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cognition 3.01 finally an official Froyo build.

I haven't found any bugs yet. You can check out DG's list of what has changed on XDA. The only problem with it is that you have to use launcher pro. As far as performance goes though, super fast and super smooth

I haven't found any bugs yet. You can check out DG's list of what has changed on XDA. The only problem with it is that you have to use launcher pro. As far as performance goes though, super fast and super smooth
ohh thats no prob. as long as we wont have any problems connecting to wifi:D...im flashing soon as this thing charges to 100%,

here is the change log v3.04 Changelog:
EXTREMELY FAST FIRST BOOT!
No update version
Stock Lock Screen
Moved Launcher Pro to /data
Fixed Dialer touch sounds................. i need to see for myself,lol

Another dumb question: is there a way to switch the market back to AT&T after installing Cognition 3.x?

I use a bunch of AT&T apps (QuickOffice, myWireless, etc) and want to still be able to receive and be notified of the updates.
My AT&T apps update still, I use myWireless, and I've had whatever updates that have been offered.

I have a problem... I'm stuck after I flash the stock rom on the phone. Instead of booting up, my phone just goes into ATT/battery logo loop.

Any help? I've retired it with Odin like a zillion times...

Does anyone know if there are any more major updates coming up? I want to know because I don't like to reflash every time.

here is the change log v3.04 Changelog:
EXTREMELY FAST FIRST BOOT!
No update version
Stock Lock Screen
Moved Launcher Pro to /data
Fixed Dialer touch sounds................. i need to see for myself,lol

Sounds good but if thats all there is I will stay put with 3.03. Its working great and those really are not big concerns for me. DG is a maniac. Didnt 3.03 just come out? Not that I'm complaining but I'll still wait a little while and get used to this one till I flash the 3.04 or 5 or 6.

I still cant get odin to recognize my phone. I am running jh7, I backed up everything. I was already rooted. I start the odin one click. I removed battery sim etc. put battery back in, hold volume keys. plug in usb. I get "downloading" but odin stays blank. Windows says "installing driver" but then say failed to install driver. I end up having to remove battery.

What am I doing wrong?

Is it because windows isnt installing drivers? hmmmm

I still cant get odin to recognize my phone. I am running jh7, I backed up everything. I was already rooted. I start the odin one click. I removed battery sim etc. put battery back in, hold volume keys. plug in usb. I get "downloading" but odin stays blank. Windows says "installing driver" but then say failed to install driver. I end up having to remove battery.

What am I doing wrong?

Is it because windows isnt installing drivers? hmmmm

have you not installed the drivers on your computer before? it wont automatically install them you have to do it manually

I did. I installed them and tried on 2 diff computers now. Odin sees my phone when its running normally not in download mode. Thanks for the help. Ill try reinstalling drivers again...

scratch that. the drivers I was installing must have been wrong ones. I downloaded driver from a different link and it seems to be working now. wish me luck!

ps thanks for help

When I installed Odin on to my work PC to revive it from a soft brick, I had to install the Captivate drivers and Kies Mini, both from the Samsung website.

It must have been something to do with my backup. I reflashed cognition, the whole process again. Now it works, but I haven't reloaded my backup. I have a few other issues which I will post later.

It must have been something to do with my backup. I reflashed cognition, the whole process again. Now it works, but I haven't reloaded my backup. I have a few other issues which I will post later.

Don't restore your system settings, only "Restore missing apps with data" if you are using Titanium backup. I then restore my Bluetooth settings, but change the other settings back manually.

I did that. I think what I did wrong was I just copied the entire contents of my internal sd, then later copied it back. Must have been the issue

Ok so my biggest issue is this: when u are typing in a feild like the one I am right now, on the stock rom, if you rotated the phone on its side, the text field would fit to screen, so you could see your whole post. Now its the same wether you hold it upright or rotate it. I found that really useful for forum posts and whatnot. Now its gone :(

I do like all the added features. Gps seems to lock very fast, though I havent tried accuracy yet.

Most things seem a little zippier, but Im not sure if thats cognition or just the fact that the phone is on a fresh install.

I also noticed missing is the swype accross the notification bar for brightness change. I used that all the time :(

Also, reboot doesnt seem to reboot for me. just shuts it down.

Sometimes when I click on an entry field, swype pops up in the symbols mode instead of letters. kinda annoying but nothing terrible.

Im not really complaining, because overall I think its great, but if those things get fixed it would be my perfect phone.

I really like having the gps on/off button in the notification.
Ilike the seperate volumes for everything.

I like the numerical battery gauge.

I really like the integrated task manager :)

Also, I watched videos of cog 301 and I thiought there was the pane glass unlock.. Is there a way to change it other than apps which dont work thaty well. And does anyone know where to get the beach live walpaper Ive seen in some videos?

can somebody whos running the cog 3.0 attempt the gps tweak using the dialer. its not working for me and my gps never ever connects. I cant even get to the menu to change my settings, after i hit the last * it blanks out and doesnt show the menu.

can somebody whos running the cog 3.0 attempt the gps tweak using the dialer. its not working for me and my gps never ever connects. I cant even get to the menu to change my settings, after i hit the last * it blanks out and doesnt show the menu.

Are you talking about COG 3.03. I'm not sure if that issue is in that build. I can tell you the battery life is pretty good with this update.

Also, I watched videos of cog 301 and I thiought there was the pane glass unlock.. Is there a way to change it other than apps which dont work thaty well. And does anyone know where to get the beach live walpaper Ive seen in some videos?
i flashed the 3.02 and then 3.04,i went back to 3.02 cause i like the glass lock,i dont have to be accurate unlocking the screen,and i like the launcher,but on 3.02 the phone dial sounds are wacked, but its all good for me cause i always keep them off.as far as the beach wallpaper,i read somewheres about it,,if i find i will post link////////i havent used this but check this thread,foxyroxy posted a link to the apk file here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=798282

Back