• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compare to Atrix 4g?

Ok lol I don't believe a thing you wrote especially with your " do yourself a favor get the atrix the worlds most powerful smartphone " lol lol common

I am not buying that either. What a joke. I had the atrix before the inspire and the atrix is crap. Dual core is only really used when attached to the lapdock which is another joke expense. My inspire browsed the web faster and better this weekend than my friends 14" laptop computer. Also.....if you have the atrix you better get some good glasses as that screen is terrible for all its hype and the icons are the smallest I have ever seen.

Reactions: AndreaCristiano
Upvote 0
My atrix lasts almost 1 day and a half with HEAVY usage, an hour of browsing on dolphin hd browser with the sexy qHD display. ill send 500 texts, 1 hour total on facebook, 3 hours of music, 10-15 phone calls prolly 30 minutes total and not to mention a Xbox 360 ported game to my Tegra 2 processor manchip ( which the phone uses for all the people out there that deny it, morons), Monster Madness 1 hour of game time and a solid half hour with angry birds. Result? 10% battery.

I can get the same usage out of my Inspire and have it last that long.

Upvote 0
i had the atrix before and its a piece of crap...its laggy and slow as balls. the build of the phone sucks. i got it the first day it came out and returned it after a week because of freezing issues.

+1

I had the Atrix for 3 days and returned it. WiFi was constantly dropping, touch response on the screen was very poor, the UI was very laggy, fonts were so small they were hard to read, and the build quality is a joke (the back cover creaked all the time!)

I have the Inspire now and love it. It has half the processing power and 3/4 of the RAM, but the Inspire feels faster in every way, has wonderful touch response, and no wifi or build issues. Plus Sense is so much better than Motoblur and a 4.3" screen is a better size for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys - I am about to pull the plug and switch from Atrix to Inspire. I'm a little concerned about the battery and the speaker though. The problem (in my mind) is that both of those things are Hardware and unfixable - all my problems with the Atrix i believe are SW and are therefore fixable.... but I feel that I paid 200$ to be a beta tester... which irks me a bit - its definitely not ready... the notification and wifi issues annoy me to no end (as originally stated) and the inspire is just plain cheaper.

I guess I've decided I'd rather live with some the HW issues that will annoy me, then major SW issues that drive me crazy(with no timeframe for a fix).

So this leads me to my final batch of questions... Since I created a motoblur account which is linked to my gmail account - how do I close that link to insure no one "extra" has access to my account? If i just factory reset my atrix before returning does that wipe all private data? All the apps i've downloaded - will they still have access to my account if someone gets my returned phone and installs the same app? Basically how would I INSURE I "go back in time" with this atrix and have no open security holes?

Finally , everything i've donwloaded in the market -- when i get my new phone and log in with my google account will it automatically redownload everything to my new phone as if there were updates?

Thx a bunch all!

Upvote 0
Okay - let's review.

When someone's out of line and flaming people, please just report them.

When you respond to them, it makes more clean-up work for your friendly mods - and it makes us less friendly, and you don't want that and we don't want that.

Our rules are simple - attack issues and not each other.

Please don't respond further along those lines, it will force more infractions beyond those already issued.

Cheers, thanks a lot, and please be polite. ;)

Reactions: AndreaCristiano
Upvote 0
I'm honored I created such a lively debate ;) However, now that the useless tangents are done with... If anyone could comment on my questions in post 30 - i'd be much obliged ;)

cheers

What was the question can't see post numbers on the mobile app

Here you go:

Thanks guys - I am about to pull the plug and switch from Atrix to Inspire. I'm a little concerned about the battery and the speaker though. The problem (in my mind) is that both of those things are Hardware and unfixable - all my problems with the Atrix i believe are SW and are therefore fixable.... but I feel that I paid 200$ to be a beta tester... which irks me a bit - its definitely not ready... the notification and wifi issues annoy me to no end (as originally stated) and the inspire is just plain cheaper.

I guess I've decided I'd rather live with some the HW issues that will annoy me, then major SW issues that drive me crazy(with no timeframe for a fix).

So this leads me to my final batch of questions... Since I created a motoblur account which is linked to my gmail account - how do I close that link to insure no one "extra" has access to my account? If i just factory reset my atrix before returning does that wipe all private data? All the apps i've downloaded - will they still have access to my account if someone gets my returned phone and installs the same app? Basically how would I INSURE I "go back in time" with this atrix and have no open security holes?

Finally , everything i've donwloaded in the market -- when i get my new phone and log in with my google account will it automatically redownload everything to my new phone as if there were updates?

Thx a bunch all!

Upvote 0
Oh really sweet. and thanks moderator guy.
Haha but whats with the htc motorola blur debate thing, i thought they were both "Froyo" android phones, my milestone was 2.1 so its an upgrade right

They are skins which are layered atop Android be it froyo or gingerbread. Some people like or dislike them. Me personally I have come to be a purest and like the " pure Google " vanilla Android devotee

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Android revisions are mnemonically named - 1.5, 1.6, 2.0/2.1, 2.2 are also known as Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo (c, d, e, f..).

So, yes Froyo is a big upgrade from 2.1 - you'll get full Flash support and a few other goodies.

HTC and Motorola both layer on an additional user interface over what would come stock on what we often call vanilla Android. HTC's is called Sense, Motorola's is called Blur - that will come down to personal preference, but as an HTC owner myself, I'm way over on the Sense side. HTC provides the best widgets out there and they optimize their Sense software components to get the most out of the hardware.

Either phone will be a worthy upgrade from your Milestone. ;)

Upvote 0
Well.the only pure android available now is the Nexus S and that's not ATT 3G compatible as of yet. Sense is better than blur by 1 million percent

One million percent is definately alot, but my friend picked up the atrix and i was playing with it for a bit, the blur or whatever seemed to be pretty cool, you can change the widget size, my milestone wouldnt do that.

Upvote 0
so how does that help me decide out of these two phones, if none of theme are "pure"?

Well.the only pure android available now is the Nexus S and that's not ATT 3G compatible as of yet. Sense is better than blur by 1 million percent

Just to make sure Andrea was clear (and he probably was, I'm just a making-sure type of person) - both phones run the full, real Android.

When we refer to vanilla or pure Android, we're saying nothing added except for Google software out of the box.

The user interface (and app and widgets) you get with Sense or Blur are in addition to - some people find the stuff wonderful and indispensable, others find it useless eye candy.

If you're familiar with rooting (the act of giving the same access you'd get on a Windows PC with an Administrator account), then you can replace the software on most any phone and get down to vanilla Android.

But that's a lot of work for some people and not always worth it.

For some people (like Andrea), pure = better.

For others (like me), pure = too plain.

But it's all Android so it's all good.

Upvote 0
Just to make sure Andrea was clear (and he probably was, I'm just a making-sure type of person) - both phones run the full, real Android.

When we refer to vanilla or pure Android, we're saying nothing added except for Google software out of the box.

The user interface (and app and widgets) you get with Sense or Blur are in addition to - some people find the stuff wonderful and indispensable, others find it useless eye candy.

If you're familiar with rooting (the act of giving the same access you'd get on a Windows PC with an Administrator account), then you can replace the software on most any phone and get down to vanilla Android.

But that's a lot of work for some people and not always worth it.

For some people, pure = better.

For others, pure = too plain.

But it's all Android so it's all good.

So could i just make the atrix or the inspire pure? cause im pretty used to my milestone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones