• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compare to Atrix 4g?

Andrea, suggest maybe a good idea to send a PM with some links to describe your setup (especially if you're running CM).

Right now I'm not rooted keep having issues with my goldcard. It's getting me frustrated to the point of wanting to swap this phone for either an ATT nexus S or a Samsung galaxy S 2 ( easy root )

What do you mean?

For example, I have a rooted HTC Evo running Froyo with Sense - but many of my compadres are already rocking Gingerbread with vanilla Android on the same phone.

The XDA Developers forum is the usual place to find the goodies - but for user-friendly support, you'll want to hang in the All Things Root subforum here in our forums for whichever phone you settle on.

Here's some handy XDA info on the Inspire:

HTC Inspire 4G | xda-developers

XDA-Developers (I _believe_ you'll find Gingerbread is already there in the CM7 rom)

Hey guys - I went ahead and ordered the HTC, should get it tomorrow. As my only view into android has been the atrix - im excited to see why everyone likes sense so much more then motoblur -- I dont really understand where android end and these skins begin... cant wait to play with it ;)

Still curious about one thing -- how do i ensure when returning my old phone that all my personal data is secure and no one will have access to any of my google data....

Thx for all the advice! I'm off to read the maximize your battery threads ;)

Factory reset, then reformat your SD card should clear it out.

Here's an older - but good - vid on what's up with Sense:

YouTube - HTC Sense

If you like this sort of thing, then you'll be happy to know that Sense keeps improving and updating, just like Android.

Hey guys - I went ahead and ordered the HTC, should get it tomorrow. As my only view into android has been the atrix - im excited to see why everyone likes sense so much more then motoblur -- I dont really understand where android end and these skins begin... cant wait to play with it ;)

Still curious about one thing -- how do i ensure when returning my old phone that all my personal data is secure and no one will have access to any of my google data....

Do a factory reset.

So i actually went oposite of you and went and ordered the atrix, the dual core processor seems to good to pass up, and i think with all the new android updates coming out the atrix will be the head dual core updated phone, much like the nexus one was for single core ( in my opinion of course )
But thanks for all the help, im checking the atrix forums on how to maximize battery life as well. ( on a side note, 1930 mah holy s**** )

Good info to have -

Motorola Atrix 4G Update Rolling Out Now, Has it Hit Your Phone?

Motorola ATRIX 4G OTA Software Update 4.1.57 | Android Community

Sounds like the update addressed some battery issues. :)

There's a lot to done to support the newer dual-core phones so they give tip-top performance and the 2-core advantages really shine - but without a doubt, that's in the pipeline.

No doubt I think the Atrix really rocked in 2 regards compared to what i've read of the sense. The battery was GREAT... no complaints at all - and i got the update and it made it even better - no doubt... and the speaker phone was fantastic....

Problem is the SW just isnt mature enough at all... if you rely on corporate email (exchange server) then I just cant recommend it becauase notifications dont work at all. Also as stated the wifi is very suspect as well.

The general blogging consesus seems to be that sense is much better but ive never used anything but motoblur - so i dont reallly know what to say -- maybe when my eyes are opened wider ill get it but really i didnt have problems with the UI of motoblur and i used a different launcher anyway....

Ill definitly give you my early impressions of htc asap. Good luck -- i really dont have any animosity towards the atrix - i think i just bought it too early.. the sw is immature and the HW isnt really ready to be used yet... in a couple months i may regreat my exchange but the meantime i've saved 150$ ;)

take it easy....

After reading the title of this post I had to create an account to comment...sorry, I usually lurk.

Long and short of it, the Atrix is very unstable. I went through 3 of them before switching to the Inspire. They all had the same locking \ battery overheating issues. The only way to unlock the phone after the crash was to pull the battery. I really did enjoy the phone (when it worked), however, one shouldn't have to pay that much to have a phone that crashes that often. Steer clear of the Atrix, you have been warned

And before anyone doubts...yes, I did update the phone last Tuesday (3/29/2011) and did not install ANY apps in an attempt to see if it still crashed and it only took 18 hours on my 3rd device.

After reading the title of this post I had to create an account to comment...sorry, I usually lurk.

Long and short of it, the Atrix is very unstable. I went through 3 of them before switching to the Inspire. They all had the same locking \ battery overheating issues. The only way to unlock the phone after the crash was to pull the battery. I really did enjoy the phone (when it worked), however, one shouldn't have to pay that much to have a phone that crashes that often. Steer clear of the Atrix, you have been warned

And before anyone doubts...yes, I did update the phone last Tuesday (3/29/2011) and did not install ANY apps in an attempt to see if it still crashed and it only took 18 hours on my 3rd device.

So how has your experience been with the Inspire? I'm getting mine today!

I'm going back to the Inspire 4G. I've had my Atrix for less than 24 hours. Yes the WIFI is iffy. I noticed it dropped the data connection using the WIFI and it took forever to load apps because of this. I would just use the network (it's faster), but I'm trying to stay within 2MB. The Inspire 4G does not have this problem.

The Inspire 4G is cheaper, it has an FM radio, a more advanced camera and the WIFI works. I do feel the Atrix is faster and the noise cancellation on the Atrix, does make for improved voice conversations and the Atrix is also more pocketable.

The Tegra chip on the Atrix may make a difference if you are a gamer or need it for something else, but I think the Inspire is more well rounded device.

Yeah, ive had the Inspire for a couple days now and I'm loving it.

I posted another thread with a couple questions... and I really would love for someone to explain all the motoblur vs sense hate - IMHO, the 3rd party launchers are better then both (at least as a launcher) but I dont really yet understand how much those corporate "skins" matter behind the scenes? IE: If i am running Go launcher what does teh other system "ie: sense" matter? Does it affect stuff behind the scenes? I don't really get it but there seems to be so many strong opinions on the subject I think i'm missing something....

The biggest thing i've noticed so far is that it has solved my main issues, data connections are way more reliable, corporate email notifications are fine - and a pleasent surprise - the camera is waaaaay better also! It even feels faster to me, even though its specs aren't as strong - i guess thats because motoblur is pretty heavy!?

thx all for participiting in this thread - it really helped me out!

ps. Saving 150$ helps also!

IMO - if you're going to skip Sense, you might be better off rooting and installing a straightforward Android rom without it, then add the launcher and widgets you like.

Even if you lose the Sense launcher, you've got a lot of HTC software there tied to it that is likely consuming resources whether you use them or not (e.g., Friendstream or Footsteps).

Well worth asking about in the All Things Root forum for this phone - again - just my opinion, not owning an Inspire I could be wrong in this case.

IMO - if you're going to skip Sense, you might be better off rooting and installing a straightforward Android rom without it, then add the launcher and widgets you like.

Even if you lose the Sense launcher, you've got a lot of HTC software there tied to it that is likely consuming resources whether you use them or not (e.g., Friendstream or Footsteps).

Well worth asking about in the All Things Root forum for this phone - again - just my opinion, not owning an Inspire I could be wrong in this case.

I wish I could. My phone is a fn bastard and after multiple attempts will not root

Bummer! Well - the good news is that story's not unheard of with phones when they're new, but as the exploit is drilled into, they usually work those sort of problems out.

They keep trying to build better mousetraps, but the devs aren't mice - they're more like junkyard dogs, and once they start chasing a problem, it's usually game over. ;)

Bummer! Well - the good news is that story's not unheard of with phones when they're new, but as the exploit is drilled into, they usually work those sort of problems out.

They keep trying to build better mousetraps, but the devs aren't mice - they're more like junkyard dogs, and once they start chasing a problem, it's usually game over. ;)

We will see lol I have an upgrade in June so if it doesn't sort itself by then I'm gonna swap it

Back
Top Bottom