• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root "Connected, no internet" on Wi-Fi

A

Android Question

Hello,

I've been having problems connecting with google services for a week now.

When I'm connected to my wifi, the wifi icon appears with an exclamation point and says "connected, no internet". I thought at first maybe it's a problem with my wifi router so I restarted the wifi, forgot the wifi connection, and tried to connect again. That didn't fix the problem. So I tried to connect through mobile data and everything seems to work fine. I connected to my wifi again hoping that the problem is fixed, but it still says "connected, no internet".

However, I opened my phone browser and it appears I have access to any website. All other apps that required internet also works on wifi. Only the google apps like the play store, gmail, youtube and others don't work. My laptop also does not have problems connecting to the wifi so I don't think it's a wifi connection problem.

This problem occured after I installed RootCloak xposed module on my rooted note 3 device running temasek's unofficial cm13 rom. I already tried factory reset and even installing other roms due to desperation and nothing worked.

I hope someone will be able to help me solve this issue.

Have you checked the date and time are correct on the device, as a wrong date and time can prevent it connecting to Google. Especially given that you've factory reset, flashed ROMs etc.

Have you checked the date and time are correct on the device, as a wrong date and time can prevent it connecting to Google. Especially given that you've factory reset, flashed ROMs etc.

yes I already checked the date and time. It's set to automatic (network-provided) and they're set correctly.

I learned, that Wifi/Mobile connections, through which the device cannot connect to Google servers are marked with an exclamation mark and the information says "connected, no internet".
As I'm in China, this is a perfectly normal situation :)
However, whenever any of my devices approaches home and I expect it to automatically switch from mobile internet to my Wifi, the information next to my Wifi says "no internet detected, connection cannot be established automatically" (or similar since the original message is in German) and the device remains with the mobile internet connection.
How can I overcome this and have the device to automatically switch to the Wifi? I want to define, which Wifi the phone/pad shall use. It is not for the device to override my decisions.

I learned, that Wifi/Mobile connections, through which the device cannot connect to Google servers are marked with an exclamation mark and the information says "connected, no internet".
As I'm in China, this is a perfectly normal situation :)
However, whenever any of my devices approaches home and I expect it to automatically switch from mobile internet to my Wifi, the information next to my Wifi says "no internet detected, connection cannot be established automatically" (or similar since the original message is in German) and the device remains with the mobile internet connection.
How can I overcome this and have the device to automatically switch to the Wifi? I want to define, which Wifi the phone/pad shall use. It is not for the device to override my decisions.

Yeh, I'm in China as well!

However the OP, @Lchanted is apparently in Philippines. And Google isn't blocked there AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom