• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest feature you've found?

Yes. In settings > Language and input > Voice cmd for apps. First this toggle needs to be turned on. Then Tap on the words "Voice cmd for apps" and a sub menu appears where you can choose which apps can be voice controlled. I have the alarm, and also the camera turned on - so I can say "shoot" to take a shot :)

I have everything checked but I can't seem to reject a call to save my life. I can "shoot" a picture, go the next song, but I cannot "reject" a call. :(

Just like in message screen if you pull up a contact and hold it to your ear it will dial the default number for that particular contact.

if I take a pic of myself with the front facing cam it will flip the pic. I read somewhere that there is a setting to make it not do that but I can't find it.

Ah. OK. I have an option in Camera that is Save as Flipped. You turn it on or off. Mine was off by default. I guess it means that although it is mirror-flipped on the screen, that is just so that you can easily centre yourself more intuitively, but the saved pic will be the correct way round.

Not sure if this has been said but if you go to 'Settings' then 'About device' then quickly tap on 'Android version' a few times you get a Ice cream sandwich Android and if you press and hold on it you get lots of little ones flying across the screen.

I like when really geeky programmers/developers, especially when part of a large company, show that they have a sense of humor.

I got a kick out of that little Easter Egg.

My favorite feature is that the phone has so many features I have to keep coming back to this thread to remember what they all are. Even made a word document so I could review them quickly.

Love finding and using new features.

I just discovered that when you're in Contacts you can swipe a contact left and it will call them. Swipe to the right and it opens a text message to them!

Didnt discover this myself, found it on another forum and just tried it out, kinda fun!

"Create custom vibration alerts

Remember back in the day when you could create your own MIDI ringtones? (Shout out to Nokia!) Well, now you can relive that memory by creating your own vibration alerts on the S3.
Head to Settings > Sounds and tap "Device vibration." At the bottom, tap "Create." Here's where you'll make your own vibration. First, think about what kind of vibration pattern you want, then tap the middle of the circle to begin "recording." You can tap and hold for long vibration "notes" or tap briefly for quick pulses.
When you're done, hit "Save" and set your new vibration as the default alert."

CrackBerry.com

Ah. OK. I have an option in Camera that is Save as Flipped. You turn it on or off. Mine was off by default. I guess it means that although it is mirror-flipped on the screen, that is just so that you can easily centre yourself more intuitively, but the saved pic will be the correct way round.

Couldn't find that setting. Can you tell me how please?

Don't know if this is a samsung thing, but in my corporate email, if I receive an email that says a time or something like "today", it creates it as a link. Following the link takes me to s planner for that time...

Curious as to how to turn off that Google thing people were talking about earlier that drained battery?

It was never really explained D:

Thanks in advance!

i think its cool that when i plug the earphones in,all the apps you can use them for appear in the quick start bar .....when you pull the notification bar down.

This phone is just ace. In fact, it's too good because I've hardly left home for the last day or so just finding cool features and apps!!

I have invested in some screen covers which are virtually invisible and keep the screen in top notch condition and only cost

There are many things I like about the S3 and most have been mentioned. Here are a few I think are the Coolest.

Smart Stay :congrats: - settings/display
Data Usage - settings/data usage
Display Battery Percentage - settings/display
Voice Command for Apps & Google voice typing - settings/language and input
Palm swipe to capture (screen) & Palm touch to mute & Turn over to mute/pause - settings/motion

Looking forward to Jelly Bean for improved voice functions.

Once you enable it you open the camera, you will notice a new icon on the screen a face with little waves. Now if you say shoot or one of the other words it takes a picture when u say the word. It's pretty cool, just don't say shoot on in a airplane.

The answer reject calls should work the same way, but I haven't had any luck with the answer or reject yet.

Update
To answer calls hold the phone face up in your hand and semi close to your face and say answer and it answers the call, same for reject.

would be cool if it goes to speaker phone when u say answer

I have everything checked but I can't seem to reject a call to save my life. I can "shoot" a picture, go the next song, but I cannot "reject" a call. :(

I've seen someone post that you need to turn off vibrate on call and then the call reject works fine. I've not tried it myself but someone confirmed that turning it off worked.

I don't think you need to hold the phone so close to your mouth to get this to work... unless perhaps the vibratation of the phone servers to block your voice from a distance.

Well I haven't done much on the phone but so far it's the one where u slide ur hand across the screen and it takes a screen shot. Pretty cool feature.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.

Back
Top Bottom