• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copy Protected Apps Now Available!!!

I know what you posted was legit, but from the post I found...

Thought id drop in and say i have heard that the reason this is offline is down to ATOC (the owners of the data) asking the Dev to do so whilst "license" discussions are held.

It looks like the developer doesnt have or didnt get permission to use the data from the National Rail site, plus I wouldnt want to send someone a paypal payment for an App that may not work again in the future due to licensing issues.

Upvote 0
I also use this: less functions but pretty cool.

chart

Upvote 0
Update:

This will wind up orange Uk rom users.....I had the standard orange ROM and couldnt see the protected apps. (I'd reboted and reset but no luck)

This morning i installed the generic rom (finallygot it working!)
Then when i booted up the market, al the apps were visible.

I can only conclude that the orange uk rom has not been added to the footprint to allow the copy protection apps to appear.

Upvote 0
Update:

This will wind up orange Uk rom users.....I had the standard orange ROM and couldnt see the protected apps. (I'd reboted and reset but no luck)

This morning i installed the generic rom (finallygot it working!)
Then when i booted up the market, al the apps were visible.

I can only conclude that the orange uk rom has not been added to the footprint to allow the copy protection apps to appear.

My brother has an orange branded desire and he can see copy protected apps

Upvote 0
It appears to be that if you've already bought National Rail, you are entitled to download it again, but it does look like it's been removed from the marketplace.

So if you're upgrading from an old phone to a new phone - don't worry, you can get your paid app back.

If you were looking to buy one of the most purchased applications in the marketplace - then you're dumb out of luck. I hope the developer gets the license issues resolved. This data really should be free data, but National Rail (or whichever entity is selling the data) are really being greedy bastards over the whole affair.

As for myself, I'm now happy to have back National Rail, Documents to Go and Pure Calendar. I'm now happily using my Desire to its full potential.

Upvote 0
AHHHHH.....:mad: Rebooted, no apps, no exzeus. I do have an organge rom.

(Spent 4 hours trying to hack a generic rom onto it by creating a gold card and keep getting an 131 error. - Tried different sd's doing the work while the card was in the phone.....nothing worked.)

Damn you orange and your rubbish ROM!

Not sure it's Orange's fault...I got an Orange branded Desire direct from Orange (upgraded over the phone, delivered next day. Great service TBH). I just checked the market for ExZeus (the price is in Yen?) and the test application...both were there and available. I also found a bunch of new apps that weren't there last week so I assume they're something to do with the copy protection thing.

I've seen a bunch of posts here about flashing ROMs and gold cards etc. I have no issues with the Orange installed stuff so I don't see the point really. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Not sure it's Orange's fault...I got an Orange branded Desire direct from Orange (upgraded over the phone, delivered next day. Great service TBH). I just checked the market for ExZeus (the price is in Yen?) and the test application...both were there and available. I also found a bunch of new apps that weren't there last week so I assume they're something to do with the copy protection thing.

I've seen a bunch of posts here about flashing ROMs and gold cards etc. I have no issues with the Orange installed stuff so I don't see the point really. :rolleyes:

OK, i flashed a gerneric rom onto my phone and i can now see everything....great.....(so i still think there is something wrong with the orange rom)

The point re the orange crap is that is wastes space and we dont have the choice to remove it. I've got at leaset 20MB of more space on the internal drive now that the rubbish has gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones