• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Bootanimations for C!

Lilg37

So ive been working and researching this for quite some time this afternoon and finally figured out the most simple of ways to change ur Optimus C bootanimations via Root Explorer!

I am Not responsible if u place the file in the wrong folder and/or skip steps and cause ur phone to loop or brick!
uve been WARNED!

lol dont worry u wont brick ur phone doing this cuz i eventried to intentionally but it wouldnt so ur 100% safe if u follow my instructions

1. download View attachment bootanimation.zip
2. place on root of ur sdcard

3. unplug phone from pc and open root explorer, mount as R/W in top right corner
4. locate the Bootanimation.zip file and copy to folder system/media and place it there

5. change permissions to the following listed below

snap20110208_163419_thumb.png

once u hit OK then reboot and watch our precious android eat the apple like the beast it is :D

and plz dont forget to thank me if this works, thats all i need guys

enjoy

also a reminder if u have a bootimation u would like but doesnt fit i will gladly fix the size to fit our phones only takes 5 seconds so dont hesitate to ask
also contact me at Garyschoelkopf@gmail.com if u have questions and i would like u to send ur requests for the bootimations there to my gmail and ill fix them asap

thanks guys ENJOY!

My CM rom has this option under spare tools but you can use these animations just as well with it. Been running one for a while already since the default one was laggy for cm

Is there another way to do this without using Root Explorer? My Root Explorer wont open just force close like my weather bug, xiialive radio and a few other apps.. But this would be kool!

Back
Top Bottom