• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM v5.0.2.8 loop (Optimus V)

This phone is the LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile

Well I got a call yesterday while I was at work from my wife saying that her phone will not turn on. I asked what happened and my wife said my 7 year old daughter was playing games on it and it rebooted and wont come all the way on. So I asked my daughter what happened and she said she was "looking for games" and it reset. I then came home and took a look at the phone and it was looping the CWM v5.0.2.8. My phone is a Samsung Prevail that is rooted with all the custom rom and kernel and stuff so I know a little on modding the phones. About a month ago I followed the Simplified root+ recovery+ custom rom thread all the way to step 11. It was a shock to my wife so I used the backup and went back to the stock rom with root access. I've done a little searching around for like problems and I'm scared my daughter factory reset it. The first thing I tried was to use that backup I used before.... and it didn't work. So I tried to follow the sticky "Do not factory reset your rooted phone". I downloaded Xionia recovery.zip and placed it in the sd card. I then went to "install zip from sdcard-choose zip from sdcard" and the zip was not there even though I could see it when connected to computer. So I tried an old sdcard I had and loaded Xionia recovery.zip and still nothing when I tried to choose zip to run it. I have since formatted the sdcard and created ext partition since I formatted it and tried to load Xionia recovery.zip again and it still shows nothing with that name. I'm giving up for today and going to bed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Read this: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...ry-reset-your-rooted-phone-4.html#post2904142

Use the Xionia .zip from here: [FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Look at the very bottom of the 1st post for the zip link.

If you need any more help just holler. It should fix everything right up though. Then try the Touch screen or the BobZohm recovery (VM670-NH_recovery.img) that are in the All Things Root guide sticky. These would be a better choice for this phone.

Note: I always keep the Xionia recovery in a zip form on the sd card just for this very reason ^ .

Reactions: meoff816
Upvote 0
I will always be here. Just been busy trying to find a good Linux Distro. Puppy Slacko and Ubuntu with the KDE desktop environment, as well as Windows, are now on my 120GB hard drive with no problems.

I don't want to derail this thread but...GOOD LUCK with all that you just posted, it may as well be in Chinese, cause i don't know what you just said, ha ha ha!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones