• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen Nightly

Yathushan

Hey all, just wondering has anyone tried out the latest nightly build from cyanogen which is the official build with gingerbread in it?

If you have can you tell what your personal opinion is of it? As I am thinking about flashing it later on today.

Thanks

A guy in the defrost thread is going to have a look at it on his nexus one for me :)

I'm using Gingervillain which has a lot of the Cyanogen additions in it currently.

From what I heard it is promising. I tried out the official build which was good. I think that it fairly good. Just wondering will it include all of the features of android 3.0 like webm?
Also danfrance, just wondering if 720p recording is included in the rom?

Yeah sorry. I meant to say 2.3.
Also, would you recommend any camera app to replace the stock camera which I do not find particularly good?

I am running with CM7 nightly builds currently on v6. I would have stuck with v1 but I was too thick to switch off the Lock Desktop function and thought it was faulty :).

I am running with it day to day and it runs very smooth and have not had any FC's or reboots from it. Battery life seems to have improved over CM6. I installed the new radio as suggested and that works great too.
Thanks

I have Cyanogen as per sigi. Toolbar customization seems to have disappeared for now, which be a shame because I don't like the default. A major design inclusion from 7#6 to 7#7 is the inclusion of a very clear input field cursor, making editing the middle of text very easy indeed. Long presson an icon and you'll also get the new delete remove uninstall bar, very Miui me thinks.

I have found a 6 hours improvement in battery life but I have flashed back to the Orange stock radio and I resumed it was that.

So far I think so good. I mean battery life has improved. The gingerbread U.I is much clearer I feel compared to before.

One question: Anyone know how to enable the battery indicator so there is a number in the bar?

So far I think so good. I mean battery life has improved. The gingerbread U.I is much clearer I feel compared to before.

One question: Anyone know how to enable the battery indicator so there is a number in the bar?

I have been looking for this myself and I think that it has not been added yet.

Steve

I have been looking for this myself and I think that it has not been added yet.

Steve

The menu's had a big overhaul between build #7 and #11, I hope the status bar tweaks will be in soon and I really really want a Miui style battery bar. ooohooooh ohoh ohh

Sorry.

Interesting. But I think for now I shall wait as it is still nightlies. I shall wait till RC if is not there by the I think I will add it in.

The menu's had a big overhaul between build #7 and #11, I hope the status bar tweaks will be in soon and I really really want a Miui style battery bar. ooohooooh ohoh ohh

Sorry.

Has anyone had issues with #12? I see the calendar has been updated as well as the music player. I'm also under the impression that I don't need to wipe everything with the update? I'm only to wipe Dalvik Cache / Cache... not data... I'm also using AMON because I've heard Clockwork is giving people issues... is this still the case? I did buy rom manager, just sucks I don't feel confident to use it!!!

I haven't used #12 so I can't help, #11 is stable, RC's are so close now I may not flash again until its signed. I think its always best to wipe before a flash.

I find no difference honestly if I don't wipe between flashes once you are into the nightlies. So far so good. I am on build #11 as well. However, do get random reset sometimes which can be slightly annoying but overall amazing port considering that the nexus one still has not received the update yet.

I find no difference honestly if I don't wipe between flashes once you are into the nightlies. So far so good. I am on build #11 as well. However, do get random reset sometimes which can be slightly annoying but overall amazing port considering that the nexus one still has not received the update yet.

It's not a port. It's built from source. From the ground up

Sorry to be pedantic

It's not a port. It's built from source. From the ground up

Sorry to be pedantic

Didn't mean to offend Dan. ;)

I just thought that it was more mixed. As the AOSP was used for consistent amount but then certain things required the proprietary drivers which still not available till nexus one received its OTA. Or am I wrong here?

No Offense :)

No idea about proprietry drivers and how many will be taken from the N1. I don't knw where the drivers come from. Maybe they're generic or the same ones used in the 2.2 versions modified.

Vanilla roms when the desire first came out were sometimes N1 ports, until they got AOSP roms working. but for 2.3, there is nothing to port from as yet. Unless theres a leak?!

Cyanogen 7#13 has a wifi issue! The wifi works but the icon doesn't show in the bar. Other than that its no different to #11. Which I have flashed back to.

Not noted that issue. It seems to work fine for me. It appears when there is possible signal as well as when I am connected.

Back
Top Bottom