• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

Yepp, everything's amazing, we wont get Flash player on the GT540 because the phone has an ARM v6 processor, which just isn't good enough for Flash, so that's not gonna happen :( MP4 and FM Radio are missing features that were meant to be added in future releases, but Quarx (the developer of the ROM) has stopped developing the ROM as his GT540 broke. But hopefully someone will continue his work! :D

Hmm, not too sure about the language fonts, I think if you download More2Locale from the Market, and set it to Hindi, it might work.. :D

dude does this mean that Boot v1.5 & System v4.4 is the last update for now?? no more 1.6 and v4.5??

hi u need a driver i have it but dont know how to put it on here an i cant remember where i found it but if u find it or somwone knows how i can get it from my desktop to here let me know anyway if u find it u unplug ur phone from pc when u enter fastboot an plu it back in an u will get a found new hardware prompt an then u direct it to find the driver and install it hope this is some help i was stuck with this issue myself

Hi,
It sounds your experience might helps my problem :)
Well, If you can remember the website. Please paste the website link or some key words that you put when you googled it to this thread.
Or if you don't mind, Please send the file to my e-mail ( nichole@post.com ---- It's temporary email, so I'm not worry to much exposing it on the forum!!!).
It will be a great help ;)

Thanks!

1. After clicking photos I'm stuck. The Camera just hangs up at the photo and when I return to Gallery, there are no photos. This continues even when I reboot my phone. I reflashed CM couple of times and each time, after using camera for 4-5 times this error repeats. Is this a bug? I'm sick of this.

Try turning the delay/timer off for steady shots, worked for me.

OPENSWIFT 4.5

Updated changelog for the next release:
Boot v1.6 & System v4.5

What Works:
Wifi, GSM, Camera (photo / video in 3GP), Bluetooth (receiving / sending files / HID), Video Codec (Hardware only H264), stereo audio to the headset, 3D accelerator, detectors, GPS / AGPS, navigate to the base stations, Installing programs on a flash drive.

What Doesn't:
FM Radio, USB Tethering (Third-party apps required), WiFi Tethering (Third-party apps required). Even though the system has Superuser is installed, there's no root. There are some issues regarding the SD card (It won't mount properly)

Changelog:
Restart in Recovery and Fastboot from the menu
Language - default is now Russian ( Can change into English afterwards )
Replaced Root Explorer with OI File Manager
Removed Terminal (Install from Market)
Removed DevTools
Removed SpareParts
Removed Java Emulator (Dunno why?)
Added Live Wallpapers
Added Widget - News and Weather
Added a huge list of APN (Auto-detect settings)
USB Modem
LG Boot Logo changed
Phone wakes up by pressing the Power/Call End button only

Source: GT540 Swift (Optimus) -

Hmm looking at the update it appears there are no real bugs fixes, just removal of un-necessary apps. I'll wait for a later version I think, really happy with the install i have at the moment.

OPENSWIFT 4.5

Updated changelog for the next release:
Boot v1.6 & System v4.5

What Works:
Wifi, GSM, Camera (photo / video in 3GP), Bluetooth (receiving / sending files / HID), Video Codec (Hardware only H264), stereo audio to the headset, 3D accelerator, detectors, GPS / AGPS, navigate to the base stations, Installing programs on a flash drive.

What Doesn't:
FM Radio, USB Tethering (Third-party apps required), WiFi Tethering (Third-party apps required). Even though the system has Superuser is installed, there's no root. There are some issues regarding the SD card (It won't mount properly)

Changelog:
Restart in Recovery and Fastboot from the menu
Language - default is now Russian ( Can change into English afterwards )
Replaced Root Explorer with OI File Manager
Removed Terminal (Install from Market)
Removed DevTools
Removed SpareParts
Removed Java Emulator (Dunno why?)
Added Live Wallpapers
Added Widget - News and Weather
Added a huge list of APN (Auto-detect settings)
USB Modem
LG Boot Logo changed
Phone wakes up by pressing the Power/Call End button only

Source: GT540 Swift (Optimus) -

dude does this mean that Boot v1.5 & System v4.4 is the last update for now?? no more 1.6 and v4.5??

That's sort of right, there won't be any more updates from Quarx himself, but hopefully someone else will come along and update CyanogenMod to perfection! :D

Hiya, 1st time poster, long time lurker :mellow: wondering for some advice. Upgraded to 2.2 using Cyanogens mod, brilliant. Phone charges on USB but doesn't appear to give me the option for USB

If I go into settings now, I have option to dismount for removal and formatting only. Theres no tab for Mass Storage. Had a quick search but haven't seen anyone with this issue, any ideas at all??

Thanks in advance for any help, hope I'm not missing something really obvious!

Cheers

Ric

Hiya, 1st time poster, long time lurker :mellow: wondering for some advice. Upgraded to 2.2 using Cyanogens mod, brilliant. Phone charges on USB but doesn't appear to give me the option for USB

If I go into settings now, I have option to dismount for removal and formatting only. Theres no tab for Mass Storage. Had a quick search but haven't seen anyone with this issue, any ideas at all??

Thanks in advance for any help, hope I'm not missing something really obvious!

Cheers

Ric

Hey there, when you plug in the phone, on the first time, your computer needs to install the drivers before the phone will let you enable mass storage mode. Try plugging in to different USB ports (on a desktop, try going from the front ports to the back ports and vice versa) and wait for the drivers to install.

Good luck! :D

I've done everything according to the op's post and there's a huge problem I've yet to solve. At the step where you press power and camera button, no matter how long I press them, nothing happens! Absolutely nothing! No logos, no vibrations. I tried volume up + power or just power but still nothing.

...this does not mean that my phone is bricked.. right? Help!

edit: If I try this with pluging out the usb cable, it does vibrate but still no logo, nothing else.

I've done everything according to the op's post and there's a huge problem I've yet to solve. At the step where you press power and camera button, no matter how long I press them, nothing happens! Absolutely nothing! No logos, no vibrations. I tried volume up + power or just power but still nothing.

...this does not mean that my phone is bricked.. right? Help!

edit: If I try this with pluging out the usb cable, it does vibrate but still no logo, nothing else.

Does the phone display a blank screen when you hold the power button and camera? If it does it means the phone is in fastboot mode! :D

I thought it should've shown a logo as it's been said so and it just stayed still on cmd with "waiting for device" text. I panicked a lot as I've just bought the phone like a week ago but following CowboyDan's post, I think I'm gonna make it. :)

Will edit this post if I succeed in upgrading my phone, even if you care or not :)

edit: It sure does take a long time to boot, but I think I've made it! Thanks a lot.

Problem:

My phone is in fastboot mode(blank screen), but when I plug it in to the computer, the drivers won't install anymore. I am using Vista.

When I'm not in fastboot mode, the drivers do install fine. I flashed the Europe Open ROM because the Carphone one is corrupted.

Anyone else have this same exact problem? Help me out please!

I Got A Problem My Battery Charging is Charging Till 90% and Showing Full In settings but it is etting discharged to 85% in 2 to 3 mins what to do.........

I thought it should've shown a logo as it's been said so and it just stayed still on cmd with "waiting for device" text. I panicked a lot as I've just bought the phone like a week ago but following CowboyDan's post, I think I'm gonna make it. :)

Will edit this post if I succeed in upgrading my phone, even if you care or not :)

edit: It sure does take a long time to boot, but I think I've made it! Thanks a lot.

Brilliant! The first boot takes a while, but after that, it'll boot up in about a minute or so :)

Problem:

My phone is in fastboot mode(blank screen), but when I plug it in to the computer, the drivers won't install anymore. I am using Vista.

When I'm not in fastboot mode, the drivers do install fine. I flashed the Europe Open ROM because the Carphone one is corrupted.

Anyone else have this same exact problem? Help me out please!

When in fastboot mode, even if the drivers don't install, try to flash Cyanogen and see if it works :)

Hey there, when you plug in the phone, on the first time, your computer needs to install the drivers before the phone will let you enable mass storage mode. Try plugging in to different USB ports (on a desktop, try going from the front ports to the back ports and vice versa) and wait for the drivers to install.

Good luck! :D

Cheers for getting back to me sir, thank you.

Would I need to change drivers? They are the same as before... Which was all working fine until I flash'd it! I've tried different ports etc and still no joy..

Cheers

Ric

Cheers for getting back to me sir, thank you.

Would I need to change drivers? They are the same as before... Which was all working fine until I flash'd it! I've tried different ports etc and still no joy..

Cheers

Ric

Nope, same drivers. Try this:

1. Make sure the phone is disconnected
2. Re-install the drivers found in the KDZ updater .zip file (LGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0_All_Win7.exe)
3. Plug in your phone and wait for the drivers to install

Hopefully that should work! :D

When in fastboot mode, even if the drivers don't install, try to flash Cyanogen and see if it works :)

When i put in the command fastboot.exe -w, I get this message <Waiting for device>... and it seems to be stuck there. There must be a way to get my drivers installed again because other people are getting it to work.

EDIT: Also, Vista doesn't recognize it as an LG device anymore(if in fastboot), it's searching for 'Android' drivers.

Dude.. Uninstalled, reinstalled (3rd time..) and it worked.

Cheers! :D

Nope, same drivers. Try this:

1. Make sure the phone is disconnected
2. Re-install the drivers found in the KDZ updater .zip file (LGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0_All_Win7.exe)
3. Plug in your phone and wait for the drivers to install

Hopefully that should work! :D

Back
Top Bottom