• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

Thanks a lot dudeman1996, fantastically written the post :D
Now, just wanna ask, is Quarx still be developing it?? Also, the Gingerbread theme you've mentioned about does not display my clock (or it does not show up white color of the font). Just help me plz!! :thinking:

Your welcome! :) Quarx has stopped the development for this ROM, but he has posted the source code for the project on GitHub in hope that someone will continue his brilliant work, hopefully someone will! :D

As for the clock, go to Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>User Interface>Status Bar>Clock Colour then change the colour to white! :D

Reactions: tejasdj12
Upvote 0
Thanx for the quick reply, Also I needed to ask, how can get back to my original Android 2.1, just in case??

Yes you can! I already did twice. ;)

All you need to perform from fastboot:

1. fastboot -w
2. fastboot reboot (as soon LG logo appear press and keep pressed volume down button and power button) - you'll get download mode, then connect to PC USB cable.

Make sure you have disabled the LG MODEM driver in device manager.

4: Flash original 2.1 ROM using KDZ_FW_UPD as normal (but you can do this from now on ONLY with fastboot enabled roms).

Cheers, and goodluck! :D

Upvote 0
Yes you can! I already did twice. ;)

All you need to perform from fastboot:

1. fastboot -w
2. fastboot reboot (as soon LG logo appear press and keep pressed volume down button and power button) - you'll get download mode, then connect to PC USB cable.

Make sure you have disabled the LG MODEM driver in device manager.

4: Flash original 2.1 ROM using KDZ_FW_UPD as normal (but you can do this from now on ONLY with fastboot enabled roms).

Cheers, and goodluck! :D

Thanks for this! I'll add it to the first post for other people! :D

Upvote 0
How do i check =/ and thanks for the reply.

To check, connect the phone to the computer and enable mass storage mode, then on your PC, go to My Computer and click on your memory card, then in Windows Vista and 7 you should see this at the bottom:
28lvo5y.png

Where it says File System can you tell me what it says?

Upvote 0
To check, connect the phone to the computer and enable mass storage mode, then on your PC, go to My Computer and click on your memory card, then in Windows Vista and 7 you should see this at the bottom:
28lvo5y.png

Where it says File System can you tell me what it says?

Im on XP so i right click on it for properties and it says file system:RAW :thinking:

Upvote 0
That seemed to have worked for now :D ill let you know thanks for that.

One more thing i cant seem to find APN settings for my orange contract and when i ask them to send me them it wont send :thinking: could you please tell me it if you know what it is thanks. :)

It's cool! :D

APN Settings for Orange UK:
Name = Orange Internet
APN = orangeinternet (case sensitive)
MCC:234
MNC:33
APN Type: default

Reactions: SkellerZ
Upvote 0
Yup, but now its not even reconising it i try putting in a different sdcard and it wont even do that you think my phone is nakard? :(

Nah there's nothing wrong with the phone, it was working before. On the 4pda.ru forum it says to use adb to give the command
Code:
mount-t vfat-o utf8, umask = 000, rw / dev/block/mmcblk0p1 / sdcard

To do this, put the phone in debugging mode (Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging) and open cmd again, if you've still got the Android folder that you downloaded to flash CyanogenMod then type
Code:
cd C:\Android
then type
Code:
adb devices
If something like 'List of devices attached
80A352166045194753 device' comes up, then your phone has been recognized, now type into cmd:
Code:
adb mount-t vfat-o utf8, umask = 000, rw / dev/block/mmcblk0p1 / sdcard
and try to mount the SD Card (Settings>SD Card & Phone Storage>Mount SD Card).

Hopefully that works! :D

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Ok If i had another pc running linux ubuntu. And had the android Sdk installed and working. Were would i start if i wanted to fix the bugs in the current cyanogenmod openswift 4.4 rom and compile the new rom so i could flash it on my GT540.

I know its not an easy to answer question but i thought it was worth asking.

Lee

I have absolutely no idea on compiling code etc. but I do know that Quarx posted the source code for the ROM on GitHub.. Here's the link: https://github.com/OpenSwift

Are you gonna try to continue his amazing work? :D

Upvote 0
I have absolutely no idea on compiling code etc. but I do know that Quarx posted the source code for the ROM on GitHub.. Here's the link: https://github.com/OpenSwift

Are you gonna try to continue his amazing work? :D

Well i would love to give it a go. Mainly i want to try and get wireless tehering to run nativley and also bluetooth stereo. Its not that i actually need these things i would just like to have a try. If anyone can offer some advice i would greatly appriciate it. And if I manage to get a ROM that works i will update you guys and upload it for everyone. But i'm mostly going to need help.

Lee

Upvote 0
Well i would love to give it a go. Mainly i want to try and get wireless tehering to run nativley and also bluetooth stereo. Its not that i actually need these things i would just like to have a try. If anyone can offer some advice i would greatly appriciate it. And if I manage to get a ROM that works i will update you guys and upload it for everyone. But i'm mostly going to need help.

Lee

Nice one! Thanks for that! :D Hopefully you'll find someone willing to help you! Maybe post around on the xda-developers forum.. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones