• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

Thanks very much for this. I have noticed though when i set the APN type to mms and save it removes the option to select vodafone MMS as your APN. Any thoughts Appreciated.

Lee

Maybe because it's an MMS APN so you can't select it for internet use, try sending an MMS message and see if it works :D

Hi, I installed the cyanogenmod on my gt540 yesterday but it wont connect to mobile internet. I'm on the australian optus network and
I'm assuming it's an apn issue but not sure what to enter as the apn. the optus website says the apn is ConnectMe but not sure about other setting aswell. Under mobile network settings i have the following:

Data Enabled
International data roaming disabled
National data roaming enabled
Access Point Names- (none yet)
Use only 2g networks- disabled
network operators- optus GSM

the main reason i updated was for the wifi hot spot

along with installing apps to sd card

Here are the APN Settings! :D

Optus- Internet
Name: Optus Yes Internet
APN: yesinternet
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MMS Protocol (Android 2.1+): WAP 2.0
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
Auth Type: PAP
APN Type: internet

Optus

Well done it, the carephone warehouse file was corrupt so i had to use the other one. Added clockwork mod backup 2.1 install, then installed 2.2, so far so good :D
Gonna have to go about now setting up all the APN settings and stuff now :D
Oh, when setting application moving have you set the location up to Auto, Internal or external?

Off i go to have a play :)

Well done it, the carephone warehouse file was corrupt so i had to use the other one. Added clockwork mod backup 2.1 install, then installed 2.2, so far so good :D
Gonna have to go about now setting up all the APN settings and stuff now :D
Oh, when setting application moving have you set the location up to Auto, Internal or external?

Off i go to have a play :)

Cool, I've got mine set on auto (it installs large apps straight onto the SD card) which i find convenient :P Good luck! :D

Hey guys, firstly thank you very much for this guide works perfectly.. but i seem to be having a similar issue to breezy.badger regarding mobile internet.. i am also located in Australia and am connected to "three".. can some one please shed some light on these apn settings? how to configure? and what they should be?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, firstly thank you very much for this guide works perfectly.. but i seem to be having a similar issue to breezy.badger regarding mobile internet.. i am also located in Australia and am connected to "three".. can some one please shed some light on these apn settings? how to configure? and what they should be?

Thanks in advance

Your welcome! Enjoy 2.2! :D

APN Settings for 3:

Three (3)

Update:
All Gingerbread 2.3 lovers, you can now get a theme for CyanogenMod to install a theme to make your phone look like it has Gingerbread 2.3! Instructions and screenshots are in the first post! :D ;)

Looks nice,would go well with the green smashing android wallpaper, hmm the link in the post for it isnt working :(

Update:
All Gingerbread 2.3 lovers, you can now get a theme for CyanogenMod to install a theme to make your phone look like it has Gingerbread 2.3! Instructions and screenshots are in the first post! :D ;)

BTW did your Vodaphone APN settings change much from 2.1 to 2.2 ?

Looks nice,would go well with the green smashing android wallpaper, hmm the link in the post for it isnt working :(

BTW did your Vodaphone APN settings change much from 2.1 to 2.2 ?

I fixed the link, try now :)

And the APN settings don't change, are yours missing?

And the APN settings don't change, are yours missing?

Yeah they are and have not been replaced when restoring data, but i wrote them all down before flashing, i just wondered if any of the settings needed changing.

All seems good so far, the only niggle i have is the screen calibration, as the touch settings seem a bit off when using the top of the screen.
Is it possible to reduce the number of panels on the home screen? I have 5 and cannt seem to find a way to change it.

Yeah they are and have not been replaced when restoring data, but i wrote them all down before flashing, i just wondered if any of the settings needed changing.

All seems good so far, the only niggle i have is the screen calibration, as the touch settings seem a bit off when using the top of the screen.
Is it possible to reduce the number of panels on the home screen? I have 5 and cannt seem to find a way to change it.

Nah, they don't change, just enter in the settings you wrote down, and it'll be fine. Yeah the touchscreen is a bit off, but I don't think there's a way to calibrate it, not officially anyway.. You can't reduce the number of panels on the original launcher, if you want you can get another homescreen launcher to reduce the amount of panels and get even more customizations; I use ADW Launcher EX, it's a paid app, but it's well worth the money with all the customizations of ADW Launcher and Launcher Pro (both are free) put together! :D

Hi guys,

Yesterday i installed Froyo on my phone. Everything's fine except market. When im trying to download app from market it says "Download paused" and nothing happens.
What should i do ?

I too Have the same problem Given by modernNerd Download Paused Please Help about that and thnxx fr the gingerbird theme my phone looks stunning awsome look.......

I installed the gingerbread theme, all the icons in the notification bar have changed, but the icons at the bottom, phone, draw and web buttons are still the same, am i missing something?

I installed the gingerbread theme, all the icons in the notification bar have changed, but the icons at the bottom, phone, draw and web buttons are still the same, am i missing something?

yep even my icons didnt chance at the bottom may be the theme is like that.....but its awsum running pretty faast and shifting screens......

Hi guys thanks for the help with the APN settings. All working ok now.
I would like to put the gingerbread theme on now but the link isn't working is there anywere else i can download it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom