• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

Try using fastboot anyway. I flashed with the Europe Open ROM and this is the same problem I got.

If you read my post here it should explain everything.

I read it but when I hold both buttons it doesn't do anything. just goes on the lock screen. Am i not holding it for long enough? or what do you think the problem is?

I read it but when I hold both buttons it doesn't do anything. just goes on the lock screen. Am i not holding it for long enough? or what do you think the problem is?

Hold just the camera button, and push the power button till it vibrates and switches on, then release the power button while holding the camera button all the way :)

Hold just the camera button, and push the power button till it vibrates and switches on, then release the power button while holding the camera button all the way :)

I think ive got it to work and tried the next step using cmd but coming up with
< waiting for device > and the phone wont install...

I think ive got it to work and tried the next step using cmd but coming up with
< waiting for device > and the phone wont install...

The phone is in fastboot mode? What version of Windows are you using? Also, when you plug in the phone, does your computer install any drivers, or did when you first plugged it in?

Thanks for adding the recovery info in the first post, you still using the 2.2 ok no more bugs found yet?

Update:
You can now install ClockworkMod Recovery to your LG GT540 without reflashing everything again! Just download the .img file from here, put your phone into fastboot mode again (Hold the camera button at power on) and open cmd again and type:
Code:
cd C:\Android
then type:
Code:
fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_swift.img
and to reboot:
Code:
 fastboot.exe reboot

To access recovery, hold the home button whilst powering on, keep holding it while the LG logo appears, it'll then take you to the ClockworkMod Recovery screen, use the volume up + down buttons to navigate around the menu, the call button to 'click' or 'enter' and the power button to go back. From the recovery menu you can flash update.zip from the memory card and make nandroid backups of your device (a nandroid backup is a complete backup of your phone's internal drive, which you can restore at a later point if anything goes wrong). For more info on what ClockworkMod Recovery can do, do a Google search for 'ClockworkMod Recovery' (link here)

:D

Thanks for adding the recovery info in the first post, you still using the 2.2 ok no more bugs found yet?

Your welcome :) Yeah, I'm still using it, I haven't found any bugs apart from sending files from my laptop to my phone won't work, the laptop just doesn't want to connect to the phone. But apart from that, that's it! Everything works perfectly smooth, with hardly any lag at all (maybe cause I'm overclocked to 805 MHz :rolleyes: :p).

So if people flash to 2.2 and dont like it they can use the ClockworkMod Recovery to revert back to 2.1?
And when i flash my phone to 2.2 this week end should i add this ClockworkMod Recovery to the flash sequence?

Cheers

So if people flash to 2.2 and dont like it they can use the ClockworkMod Recovery to revert back to 2.1?
And when i flash my phone to 2.2 this week end should i add this ClockworkMod Recovery to the flash sequence?

Cheers

Yeah, what you need to do is install ClockworkMod Recovery while you still have 2.1 and make a backup through recovery, then upgrade to 2.2 but when you install 2.2, since you already have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, you don't need to do it again when you install 2.2. Then if you don't like 2.2 (why wouldn't you? :D) then you can just go into recovery and restore the 2.1 backup :D

Ok sorry to go through it again but i want to make sure i understand what im doing.
At the moment im running GT540-V20c-Dec-09-2010, but because it doesnt have fastboot installed i cann't do much with it. So i will have to install the carphone warehouse V20b version with fastboot in it. Then install the clockworkmod and make a backup of the V20b install. I then install 2.2 and using the backup i made with clockwork i can go back to carphone warehouse 2.1 if i want.
Does this also mean if i backup 2.1 then install and backup 2.2 i can flick between them if i wanted to? Not that you would want to but a backup of both stock installs maybe handy.

Also when entering this command 'fastboot.exe erase system' does this not erase the clockworkmod?

Cheers

Ok sorry to go through it again but i want to make sure i understand what im doing.
At the moment im running GT540-V20c-Dec-09-2010, but because it doesnt have fastboot installed i cann't do much with it. So i will have to install the carphone warehouse V20b version with fastboot in it. Then install the clockworkmod and make a backup of the V20b install. I then install 2.2 and using the backup i made with clockwork i can go back to carphone warehouse 2.1 if i want.
Does this also mean if i backup 2.1 then install and backup 2.2 i can flick between them if i wanted to? Not that you would want to but a backup of both stock installs maybe handy.

Also when entering this command 'fastboot.exe erase system' does this not erase the clockworkmod?

Cheers

Yeah thats right, you could make a backup of your current 2.1' if you wanted to. The back ups are dated so the backup with the earlyest date will be 2.1.

The command fastboot.exe erase system just erases the android system, not the recovery. :D

Hi all,

New to the forum and have put the cyanogenmod on my gt540, runs brilliantly had no probs with flashing it, setcpu currently at 806mhz and have had no problems. The only thing id like to get working is MMS messaging, my network provider is vodafone and i have set the APN up and the mobile data works with no problem, normal SMS is okay aswell. Has anyone else had this problem and is it repairable.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Hi all,

New to the forum and have put the cyanogenmod on my gt540, runs brilliantly had no probs with flashing it, setcpu currently at 806mhz and have had no problems. The only thing id like to get working is MMS messaging, my network provider is vodafone and i have set the APN up and the mobile data works with no problem, normal SMS is okay aswell. Has anyone else had this problem and is it repairable.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Vodafone UK? If so, go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names then add a new APN with these settings:

Name: Vodafone MMS

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.012 (yes its a 0 in front of the 12)

MMS Port: 8799

APN type: mms

click menu and save.

IMPORTANT : YOU MUST restart your phone for settings to work: Hope this helps as it took me two days to figure out.
(Credit to Google G1 MMS / Internet settings. Vodafone | Mobile Phone News by UKPS for these instructions)

Hi need some help please, when the found new hardware wizard pops up n i tell it to look for the software it says there is none n then says it wont work properly please help =/ ta

Hi, I installed the cyanogenmod on my gt540 yesterday but it wont connect to mobile internet. I'm on the australian optus network and
I'm assuming it's an apn issue but not sure what to enter as the apn. the optus website says the apn is ConnectMe but not sure about other setting aswell. Under mobile network settings i have the following:

Data Enabled
International data roaming disabled
National data roaming enabled
Access Point Names- (none yet)
Use only 2g networks- disabled
network operators- optus GSM

the main reason i updated was for the wifi hot spot

along with installing apps to sd card

Vodafone UK? If so, go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names then add a new APN with these settings:

Name: Vodafone MMS

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.012 (yes its a 0 in front of the 12)

MMS Port: 8799

APN type: mms

click menu and save.

IMPORTANT : YOU MUST restart your phone for settings to work: Hope this helps as it took me two days to figure out.
(Credit to Google G1 MMS / Internet settings. Vodafone | Mobile Phone News by UKPS for these instructions)

Thanks very much for this. I have noticed though when i set the APN type to mms and save it removes the option to select vodafone MMS as your APN. Any thoughts Appreciated.

Lee

Hey dudeman, can you tell me if your initial post includes the latest 'Boot v1.5 & System v4.4'
released on the 20th Jan?
Cheers

Plz Any one help when i nter into fastboot mode and enter fastboot.exe-w after installing the drivers i get the following error " 'fastboot.exe' is not recognised as an internal and external command,operable program or batch file .

Back
Top Bottom