• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

after installing the 2.1 europe open rom i cant call anybody...it keeps on force closing...what should i do???

I had this problem with that ROM. I installed the cyanogen mod and everything worked fine. To continue past installing the europe open rom you need to lock your phone before going to the next step.

If you want to stay with 2.1 I would download a different ROM - I installed the Vodafone Australia 2.1 ROM and it worked fine. It doesn't have fastboot though so you can't go to cyanogen from that one.

EDIT:
Battery life is confusing me.. It was 93% charged. It went down to 20% in 10minutes of transferring apps across bluetooth, I then locked it to try and save some battery. Came back 30minutes later and the battery went up to 60%. why'd this happen? :confused:

Also, is it possible to change the lockscreen image?

I've been having strange readings on battery too. I can't charge past 99% - on the stock 1.6 software it would get to 100% and say 'unplug the phone'... now it just gets to 99% and sometimes even drops to 98% while the charger is plugged in. I guess the battery monitoring code isn't all that good *shrug*

I still get at least 24 hours out of my battery, which is all I was getting on the original 1.6 rom the phone came with.

i iam struck here for two days
1. if i press the camera key+power key it does not go to fastboot mode, only if i press the volumeup key + power key then its shows download mode (i doono wheather its in fastboot mode or not)

2.if i type the command mode fastboot.exe -w it says (waiting for the device)

iam using windows 7 , all the drivers have been installed

help needed please

EDIT:
Battery life is confusing me.. It was 93% charged. It went down to 20% in 10minutes of transferring apps across bluetooth, I then locked it to try and save some battery. Came back 30minutes later and the battery went up to 60%. why'd this happen? :confused:

Also, is it possible to change the lockscreen image?

I would imagine (although im not an expert) that running SetCpu and overclocking your cpu would make the battery life less especially when using cpu intensive processes, possibly causing the battery to get hot and show a lower state of charge, then when cool.

Question, If i install the 2.2 rom and after a while dont like it how do i return to a 2.1 eclair?
ATM running LG 2.1 eclair in the UK on O2.

Cheers

I had this problem with that ROM. I installed the cyanogen mod and everything worked fine. To continue past installing the europe open rom you need to lock your phone before going to the next step.

If you want to stay with 2.1 I would download a different ROM - I installed the Vodafone Australia 2.1 ROM and it worked fine. It doesn't have fastboot though so you can't go to cyanogen from that one.

i did a factory reset and everything became fine....i just realized maybe i should wait a little while longer until cyanogen is completed and free from bugs..i just got frustrated coz i cant get to install the cyanogenmod..:(:(:(

I can't enable USB MASS STORAGE.. i cant find the option.
I used to be able to connect to the college computers back when I was on 2.1, but on this, when i plug it into the PC it asks me to install a LG Mobile USB Modem (which I can't for obvious reasons) so how would I be able to use it for just mass storage?

I've been having strange readings on battery too. I can't charge past 99% - on the stock 1.6 software it would get to 100% and say 'unplug the phone'... now it just gets to 99% and sometimes even drops to 98% while the charger is plugged in. I guess the battery monitoring code isn't all that good *shrug*

I still get at least 24 hours out of my battery, which is all I was getting on the original 1.6 rom the phone came with.

The battery will never charge past 100% that's just how it is. The battery monitor is terrible, even when I was using 1.6 and 2.1, but I've learned the patterns that the charge will go down then appear to go back up again. Not sure why, but it's always been like that for me :confused:

I still have at least 24 hours of battery life, even though I'm overclocked to 802 MHz :D

i iam struck here for two days
1. if i press the camera key+power key it does not go to fastboot mode, only if i press the volumeup key + power key then its shows download mode (i doono wheather its in fastboot mode or not)

2.if i type the command mode fastboot.exe -w it says (waiting for the device)

iam using windows 7 , all the drivers have been installed

help needed please

Download mode isn't the same as fastboot mode, If you cant get into fastboot mode by holding the camera button at power on, then you haven't installed the ROM with fastboot or you haven't been holding the camera button for long enough. You must hold the camera button while the phone powers on, the phone will show the LG logo, and then go into a blank screen: this means fastboot is now enabled :D

i did a factory reset and everything became fine....i just realized maybe i should wait a little while longer until cyanogen is completed and free from bugs..i just got frustrated coz i cant get to install the cyanogenmod..:(:(:(

There are only a few bugs in CyanogenMod, you don't need the phone to be on to install it, as mentioned in previous posts, you turn OFF the phone, then hold the camera button whilst powering ON the phone, the phone will show the LG logo, make sure you still hold the camera button then a blank screen: this means the phone is in fastboot mode and you can flash CyanogenMod! :D

Now I'm having problems with the Android Market. I can't seem to download anything, they all say "download paused" any ideas whats causing this? D:

"Prepare the phone by enabling USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging and connect the phone to the computer via USB cable and wait for the drivers to install for the phone."
When I get to this point the drivers don't install the phone

Now I'm having problems with the Android Market. I can't seem to download anything, they all say "download paused" any ideas whats causing this? D:

So you've got CyanogenMod on it right? Are you using Wi-Fi or mobile data, if mobile data, do you have signal and configured your APN? Try using Wi-Fi instead of mobile data and the other way round. If that doesn't work, try restarting the phone, if that still doesn't work, try clearing the data and cache for the market (Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All, then click the market and click clear cache, then try again, if it doesn't work, try clicking clear data then trying again. If none of that works then i guess as a last resort you would reinstall the firmware again. Good luck!

As for the mass storage thing, sorry I missed the post and didn't reply, but when you plug the phone in, it should come up with a window with the Android robot and a USB logo, then underneath it should say 'Enable mass storage' if not, drag down the notifications and click the USB notification.
:D

"Prepare the phone by enabling USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging and connect the phone to the computer via USB cable and wait for the drivers to install for the phone."
When I get to this point the drivers don't install the phone

What version of Windows are you using?

What version of Windows are you using?
I got it working. I hadn't clicked off the mass storage only.
My problem now is that I dont seem to be able to get the phone into fastboot mode.
"Once the update is complete, your phone will reboot, what you need to do is power off the phone and whilst the phone is off, press and hold the 'Camera' button all the way and power on the phone, make sure you hold the 'Camera' button. The phone will display the LG logo and disappear, then display a blank screen."
When i do this the blank screen does come up but the phone is still on if i press any buttons and will just go to the unlock screen. Has the update not worked or would it be that I am not doing it right?

I got it working. I hadn't clicked off the mass storage only.
My problem now is that I dont seem to be able to get the phone into fastboot mode.
"Once the update is complete, your phone will reboot, what you need to do is power off the phone and whilst the phone is off, press and hold the 'Camera' button all the way and power on the phone, make sure you hold the 'Camera' button. The phone will display the LG logo and disappear, then display a blank screen."
When i do this the blank screen does come up but the phone is still on if i press any buttons and will just go to the unlock screen. Has the update not worked or would it be that I am not doing it right?

Did you hold the camera button whilst the LG logo still appeared?

Did you hold the camera button whilst the LG logo still appeared?

tried it again there but the lg logo doesnt appear..when i turn it on, while holding the camera button, the phone vibrates as usual when it turns on. should i keep holding the on button? when the phone vibrates i usually let go of the on button and then the phone just displays a blank screen with the start up sound but no lg logo then after a while the screen turns off. I hold the camera button throughout this.

tried it again there but the lg logo doesnt appear..when i turn it on, while holding the camera button, the phone vibrates as usual when it turns on. should i keep holding the on button? when the phone vibrates i usually let go of the on button and then the phone just displays a blank screen with the start up sound but no lg logo then after a while the screen turns off. I hold the camera button throughout this.

Yeah, you press and hold the camera button, power on, and continue to hold it and it should display the LG logo for a few seconds then a blank screen. If it still doesn't work, reflash the phone with the Carphone Warehouse version, it doesn't really matter cause you're gonna replace it with CyanogenMod anyway :D

Yeah, you press and hold the camera button, power on, and continue to hold it and it should display the LG logo for a few seconds then a blank screen. If it still doesn't work, reflash the phone with the Carphone Warehouse version, it doesn't really matter cause you're gonna replace it with CyanogenMod anyway :D

ok I'll try all them :) thanks

Try using fastboot anyway. I flashed with the Europe Open ROM and this is the same problem I got.

If you read my post here it should explain everything.

So you've got CyanogenMod on it right? Are you using Wi-Fi or mobile data, if mobile data, do you have signal and configured your APN? Try using Wi-Fi instead of mobile data and the other way round. If that doesn't work, try restarting the phone, if that still doesn't work, try clearing the data and cache for the market (Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All, then click the market and click clear cache, then try again, if it doesn't work, try clicking clear data then trying again. If none of that works then i guess as a last resort you would reinstall the firmware again. Good luck!

As for the mass storage thing, sorry I missed the post and didn't reply, but when you plug the phone in, it should come up with a window with the Android robot and a USB logo, then underneath it should say 'Enable mass storage' if not, drag down the notifications and click the USB notification.
:D

The USB notifications option don't come up. the phone shows its charging so its connected.
the only thing thats diffrent is a message asking me to install drivers.. i can't/shouldnt need to do that though :/

I tried all this but no luck. Tried with the carphone warehouse version but said "extract file error". then tired 2.1 fastbook.kdz and it worked but the same problem with fastbook not coming on. any help would be very helpful. :)

The USB notifications option don't come up. the phone shows its charging so its connected.
the only thing thats diffrent is a message asking me to install drivers.. i can't/shouldnt need to do that though :/

Brilliant! :D Yeah you need to install the drivers before you can enable mass storage. Kinda stupid :|

I tried all this but no luck. Tried with the carphone warehouse version but said "extract file error". then tired 2.1 fastbook.kdz and it worked but the same problem with fastbook not coming on. any help would be very helpful. :)

Try redownloading the ROM again from here 4shared.com/file/yvcFHxeY/ukf.html
:)

Back
Top Bottom