• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

Hello. First of all, thanks for the awesome guide, I managed to get cyanogenmod working on my phone. Is this normal that the BT headset won't get discovered?

Hello. First of all, thanks for the awesome guide, I managed to get cyanogenmod working on my phone. Is this normal that the BT headset won't get discovered?

Your welcome :) And I think so because I can't send files from my laptop to my phone, but I can from another phone to my phone. It must be a glitch that'll get sorted out soon :D

Hi I am really new to this forum and the reason is im having a problem =(. I have been following dude man's instructions however when I flash my phone with quick boot i get the following message
Launching SW Update
Unpacking KDZ
KDZ File Extracted
Extracted file Error
===Finished===

So i have an error and the process takes about 30 seconds please help me finish this flash because i really want to =D

Thank You So Much In Advance

Hi I am really new to this forum and the reason is im having a problem =(. I have been following dude man's instructions however when I flash my phone with quick boot i get the following message
Launching SW Update
Unpacking KDZ
KDZ File Extracted
Extracted file Error
===Finished===

So i have an error and the process takes about 30 seconds please help me finish this flash because i really want to =D

Thank You So Much In Advance

The .kdz file is corrupt, download it again :)

in the guide at the top of this thread there are 2 links, the carphone warehouse one and there's also Europe Open + fastboot. I also had problems with Europe Open, but nobody else seemed to have the issues I did so it should be ok..

With the problems I had, I ended up using this rom : 2.1 Fastboot.kdz

Thanks So much for this info I will try it tomoz (fingers crossed) if this works you would have saved me :D so I will give the one you used a shot. :)

The solution to this problem is about 10 posts above here :)

The third problem - this one stopped me completely. Running "fastboot.exe -w" left the cmd window with <waiting for device>. NOTHING would happen. I found a post on MoDaCo (here) which describes how to install Black Quarx ROM via essentially the same process. A few pages in I found people with this problem - and here is the solution:

* While the cmd window shows <waiting for device>, unplug the USB cable from the computer, and plug it into a port in a different location (e.g. move from the back ports to the front ports, or vice versa). Plugging it into the port next to the one it was in didn't seem to work (maybe because they are on the same channel?).
* Windows will give you the "New hardware found: Android" message then open the new hardware wizard. It will ask if you want to search Windows Update for drivers; answer yes. It should download the drivers, install them, and BAM problem solved.

Thanks for this. can wait to try it but i think ill wait until the bugs are fixed. i notice that you need to take out the sd card but i was told never remove it once i had rooted my phoneand changed it to fat32 will this be a problem?

I think removing the SD card is just a precaution.. flashing shouldn't touch your SD card, but just to be safe you might as well take it out..

I think removing the SD card is just a precaution.. flashing shouldn't touch your SD card, but just to be safe you might as well take it out..

I flashed my phone about ~12 times till now and I never... I must repeat - NEVER removed my SD card. :p

Everything is ok. :D

Well with the KDZ you gave me Dan i managed to flash my phone =D
However
<waiting for device>
so i followed your advice but i have been unplugging and plugging for 30 mins and still no luck.
Please help me i'm so close to the end now!
ANYBODY PLZ POST SOLUTIONS =(

Hi everyone new to these forums and looking to improve my GT540's performance.
Having read the topic and decided to root my phone straight off if only to remove those apps i dont want, and to overclock the cpu a bit.
I must say i'm a bit disappointed to see the development of 2.2 has come to a stop, as i really wanted to upgrade to 2.2 for the apps to SD function.
Are these the only problems that are outstanding so far?
'What does not work: Fm-Radio, Camera (Video in H264/MP4), Codecs (XVID, DIVX)'
So that means the radio and replay of divx dont work? whats the camera info mean? Is that the camera works ok but the video part doesn't?
Also if i was to just root my phone would flash lite work or would i have to go to 2.2 for flash lite to work.
Sorry theres loads of questions but im very interested in giving this a go.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom