• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

Well with the KDZ you gave me Dan i managed to flash my phone =D
However
<waiting for device>
so i followed your advice but i have been unplugging and plugging for 30 mins and still no luck.
Please help me i'm so close to the end now!
ANYBODY PLZ POST SOLUTIONS =(

Is the phone in fastboot mode? or did you plug it in normally? what version of Windows are you using?

Hi everyone new to these forums and looking to improve my GT540's performance.
Having read the topic and decided to root my phone straight off if only to remove those apps i dont want, and to overclock the cpu a bit.
I must say i'm a bit disappointed to see the development of 2.2 has come to a stop, as i really wanted to upgrade to 2.2 for the apps to SD function.
Are these the only problems that are outstanding so far?
'What does not work: Fm-Radio, Camera (Video in H264/MP4), Codecs (XVID, DIVX)'
So that means the radio and replay of divx dont work? whats the camera info mean? Is that the camera works ok but the video part doesn't?
Also if i was to just root my phone would flash lite work or would i have to go to 2.2 for flash lite to work.
Sorry theres loads of questions but im very interested in giving this a go.

Cheers

1. Overclocking won't work if you've just got a standard 2.1 version from LG
2. If you remove apps that are important to the phone functionality (like any google apps) you could mess up the phone and have to reflash it, causing you to lose your data
3. You can still get apps to SD when you install 2.2 via this thread
4. Yeah, those problems are still outstanding, the Radio doesn't work (there's no radio app even installed), I haven't tried the playback of DivX video's, but I'm assuming they don't work. The camera works fine, it can take images and videos, but the video's will be saved in .3gp format (e.g. the video would be called video001.3gp).
5. I don't think you understand what rooting is, rooting your phone is allowing other applications and yourself to modify and access system files, FlashLite will only work if you install 2.2

Hope this helps! :) :D

Cheers dudeman, i understand what rooting is, i should have made it a bit clearer, if i just root my phone and stay on 2.1 would flash lite work, and thats a NO. :D
So if i was to flash it to 2.2 i take it all the app market still works ok? and if its just the radio, mp4 vids and the watching of divx movies that dont work i cannt see a reason not to give it a try.
BTW where can you get a copy of flash lite from?

cheers

Cheers dudeman, i understand what rooting is, i should have made it a bit clearer, if i just root my phone and stay on 2.1 would flash lite work, and thats a NO. :D
So if i was to flash it to 2.2 i take it all the app market still works ok? and if its just the radio, mp4 vids and the watching of divx movies that dont work i cannt see a reason not to give it a try.
BTW where can you get a copy of flash lite from?

cheers

Yep, everything works perfectly. There are a few bugs as mentioned in this thread and every now and then when I turn my screen on it shows static for half a second then the lockscreen. But everything works amazingly well, especially when overclocked to 825MHz ;)

FlashLite comes included in the ROM so there's no need to worry about that :)

How well does App2sd work on this?

EDIT:
Okay fastboot doesn't seem to work.
holding camera and turning on the phone shows the LG logo then nothing

also i keep getting errors on the phone and cant do anything :( help!

EDIT:

If it shows LG logo then goes to blank screen it is in fastboot mode. If it still does not work you can try this (this is the key combo i used) Volume Up+File Button+ Power (in that order)

EDIT:

Apps2SD works perfectly and when the phone displays a blank screen after the lg logo, it means its in fastboot mode :)

So far so good.
Apart from my mobile data speed.. which seems to be really really slow and always seems to be on o.o. it seems really good :D
Thanks ;)

How do you take screenshots on the phone? thanks

So far so good.
Apart from my mobile data speed.. which seems to be really really slow and always seems to be on o.o. it seems really good :D
Thanks ;)

How do you take screenshots on the phone? thanks

My mobile data seems perfectly fine.. if you want it to turn off go to Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile Networks then uncheck Data Enabled :)

To take screenshots download 'screenshot' from the market :D

now got everything up and running and im really happy with it :)

pics of it:
352004-9A8HE5L.png
352007-4HUYSTE.png

:D:D:D:D:D

now got everything up and running and im really happy with it :)

pics of it:
352004-9A8HE5L.png
352007-4HUYSTE.png

:D:D:D:D:D

Brilliant! Btw, what launcher and widgets are you using there? :D Also, I really like that background :P where'd you get it, I can't find it in the CyanogenMod wallpapers section.. :D

'fastboot.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

this is what appears when i type in fastboot.exe -w...what the heck is the problem?? and i also cant find the driver needed...i am using windows xp and i have downloadd the link already...please help...

did you create a folder in the C drive called android?
if you did, you just gotta type "cd c:\android" before you type "fastboot.exe -w"
Or else you gotta type the full directory.. for example "cd C:\Documents and Settings\user\MyDocuments\Android"

And to install the driver, right click on android_usb.inf and press install. If that doesnt work (like mine), then you got to manually do it from the driver setup that appears when you plug in the device. Just tell it to search the "Windows XP Drivers" folder, and it should find it.

my question:
How do I install apps to the SD card? I have enabled it.

Hi all. I'm new in this forum and I'd like to thank dudeman for the tutorial. I installed SetCPU and the phone is really fast. It crashed strangely once while I was choosing the ringtone and had some problems to get swapper2 running (if I don't want to play Dungeon Defender is not so important, right?) but otherwise everything works just fine by far.

Cheers

Hi all. I'm new in this forum and I'd like to thank dudeman for the tutorial. I installed SetCPU and the phone is really fast. It crashed strangely once while I was choosing the ringtone and had some problems to get swapper2 running (if I don't want to play Dungeon Defender is not so important, right?) but otherwise everything works just fine by far.

Cheers

You don't really need swapper2 unless you wanna play games that require more RAM (like dungeon defender). It crashed that time because not all the bugs have been sorted yet. :)

Nice to hear everything's good! :D

did you create a folder in the C drive called android?
if you did, you just gotta type "cd c:\android" before you type "fastboot.exe -w"
Or else you gotta type the full directory.. for example "cd C:\Documents and Settings\user\MyDocuments\Android"

And to install the driver, right click on android_usb.inf and press install. If that doesnt work (like mine), then you got to manually do it from the driver setup that appears when you plug in the device. Just tell it to search the "Windows XP Drivers" folder, and it should find it.

my question:
How do I install apps to the SD card? I have enabled it.

To install apps to the SD card, you go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then choose the app you wanna move to the SD card, tap on it, and choose 'Move to SD Card' :D

To install apps to the SD card, you go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then choose the app you wanna move to the SD card, tap on it, and choose 'Move to SD Card' :D

EDIT:
Battery life is confusing me.. It was 93% charged. It went down to 20% in 10minutes of transferring apps across bluetooth, I then locked it to try and save some battery. Came back 30minutes later and the battery went up to 60%. why'd this happen? :confused:

Also, is it possible to change the lockscreen image?

after installing the 2.1 europe open rom i cant call anybody...it keeps on force closing...what should i do???

Back
Top Bottom