• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

hi my phone is shutting down all of a sudden, is it normal in cyanogenMod

Does it shut down when your use a certain function ie dialing a call or using a certain app? Or does it just shut down when its not doing anything?

For example my phone will not run the ebay app when I try to use it the phone reboots as soon as the app is started or about 30 seconds into using it.

Does it shut down when your use a certain function ie dialing a call or using a certain app? Or does it just shut down when its not doing anything?

For example my phone will not run the ebay app when I try to use it the phone reboots as soon as the app is started or about 30 seconds into using it.

yes its shutting down when i am using rock player, so its normal right?

thank u for reply

can u suggest me any usefull apps for gt540

thank in advance

Cyanogen mod 7 is released and i installed it and it works as better as 2.2 and 2.3.2 awsum in xda and 4pda watch those they are really awsum.............tsted on mah device:D

Cyanogen mod 7 is released and i installed it and it works as better as 2.2 and 2.3.2 awsum in xda and 4pda watch those they are really awsum.............tsted on mah device:D

I know CM7 has been released, but has it been ported over to the GT540? Is there a link?

yes its shutting down when i am using rock player, so its normal right?

No its not normal, if you have overclocked your cpu, then that could be causing it, maybe try another player. I have rock player lite installed and have never had any problems with it, but to be honest i dont watch anything other than the vids the phone made.

As for usefull apps it depends what you want your phone to do, i have barcode scanner and the tescos online app, phone editing apps, angry birds, kindle, twitter, FB and loads of fun stuff, I even have an office suite, all running fine.
But at the end of the day its a PHONE not a laptop :p

I've found on XDA Developers that MUR4IK and JOESTONE from 4pda.ru have ported CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.2) to the LG GT540! Download the .zip containing the update from here and flash using the same instructions as per the first post
Of course the port isn't perfect:

Works:
Wi-fi, Bluetouth, camera (video recording 3gp/m4v - it is mp4), 3D-accelerator, GPS, aGPS, sensors, memory card, touch .... well etc.

Does not work.
FM-radio, divx / xvid - codecs tube as an access point, modem?
Navitel not yet compatible with 2.3! (I'm not sure what Navitel is.. might be an app..)

I'll start a new thread on this. :D :)

Screenshots:
213fc4p.png
30m5mhu.png
29ny1w4.jpg
2nitlis.png

Does it look any good ?

It's amazing! Check post above for screenshots or new thread for more instructions, I'd definitely recommend this as if you don't like it or anything goes wrong, you can so easily just restore a backup you make before you install it! :D

It's amazing! Check post below for screenshots or new thread for more instructions, I'd definitely recommend this as if you don't like it or anything goes wrong, you can so easily just restore a backup you make before you install it! :D

dude, is CM7 still an android 2.2 or is 2.3 already?

Hi I have a problem

I ran CMD as the administrator and followed what to input on the command bar, after I had done this it automatically booted up the phone which is suppose to happen, but the problem is its stuck on the LG Logo, is there anyway to fix this. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I have a problem

I ran CMD as the administrator and followed what to input on the command bar, after I had done this it automatically booted up the phone which is suppose to happen, but the problem is its stuck on the LG Logo, is there anyway to fix this. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you flash boot and system.img correctly? Try flashing the phone again :)

Thanks I've got it working, but i've come across another problem. How do i instal the hingerbread theme, and is it normal when clicking on something and the vibrate doesn't work?

Np :) To install the gingerbread theme, download the file in the first post and flash it using recovery, all instructions are in the first post.. If you really want Gingerbread you can get it here. :) The vibration when clicking on something is called haptic feedback to enable it go to Settings>Sound>Haptic feedback (right at the bottom) :D

Back
Top Bottom