• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root darktremors

RCope48

OK where did you guys put the directions for this? It was in the stickies but I don't see it now, I can use this on decks can't I?

OK where did you guys put the directions for this? It was in the stickies but I don't see it now, I can use this on decks can't I?

Yep, just flash in recovery and then it may do a double boot so don't be alarmed on first boot. Then use terminal emulator for commands

Yep, just flash in recovery and then it may do a double boot so don't be alarmed on first boot. Then use terminal emulator for commands

I had my SD partitioned, but flashed to decks and savagedzen, now it doesnt seem to be, so I need to move everything to my PC and repartition first right?

I had my SD partitioned, but flashed to decks and savagedzen, now it doesnt seem to be, so I need to move everything to my PC and repartition first right?

Not sure what you mean, just because you flashed a different rom doesn't mean that ext3 is gone. Did you flash darktremors on your current rom? What does it say in titanium backup? You shouldn't have to repartition

Not sure what you mean, just because you flashed a different rom doesn't mean that ext3 is gone. Did you flash darktremors on your current rom? What does it say in titanium backup? You shouldn't have to repartition
See thats where Im confused becase TB doesnt show it, but I guess DT doesn't come packaged in this ROM? am I correct? so flashing it, the ext3 will show up right? TB just shows system ROM, Internal and SD card

See thats where Im confused becase TB doesnt show it, but I guess DT doesn't come packaged in this ROM? am I correct? so flashing it, the ext3 will show up right? TB just shows system ROM, Internal and SD card

No, DT does not come packaged with deck's rom and sometimes it may be installed a rom but you'll have to use Terminal Emulator to start darktremors.

So after you flash, go into TE and type

su
a2sd check

Which decks rom are you on and which DT a2sd are you flashing? I would not flash beta04 of dta2sd with deck 1.3 stable. The 2.3.7 dalvik engine is prone to crashing after it is wiped and has to rebuild, so you might have issues with the rom booting successfully if you ever need to wipe dalvik.

A battery pull or two might fix it if you have issues, but it's annoying. If you stick with the most recent "stable" build of dt a2sd, you should be fine.

I had installed v1.9.3 initially but when runninng commands in DT I was initially errored that the v was too high, pleasae run 1.8.2. After I installed v1.8.2 everything went smooth.

Which decks rom are you on and which DT a2sd are you flashing? I would not flash beta04 of dta2sd with deck 1.3 stable. The 2.3.7 dalvik engine is prone to crashing after it is wiped and has to rebuild, so you might have issues with the rom booting successfully if you ever need to wipe dalvik.

A battery pull or two might fix it if you have issues, but it's annoying. If you stick with the most recent "stable" build of dt a2sd, you should be fine.

That is exactly what I,m running, do you have a link to the most current dta2sd?

Back
Top Bottom